Wx Station

6 replies to this topic

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,145 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ
I wanted to know if someone can suggest a cheap but accurate temperature sensor for my backyard.
I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2 system but I don't have the time or space to set it up where I am currently living, so for the time being, it is staying inside in it's packaging). So for now, I want to purchase something that can at least record my highs and lows for the day (LGA is a terrible representation of my actual lows here - tonight being a prime example). Thanks for any suggestions.
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

icehater

• Members
  • 23,215 posts
I'm cheap when it comes to weather stations. I use this one.

http://www.amazon.co...weather+station
Monmouth county NJ

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,145 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ
Weatherbowl - I know you know a thing or two about the Davis systems.
I just got off the phone with Nick Stefano regarding my station and he told me that I could upgrade my cabled Davis Vantage Pro 2 system to a wireless one. I called up Davis and they said it would be $200 for the upgrade.

I'm debating on whether or not I should do it. I'm moving in a week to a new residence one town east, and I'm going to set up my station there once I settle in, and if it's easier, I may just do the upgrade. Nick said he would help me install the system for me.

I seem to remember you telling me that you had a cabled system, did you ever switch over to a wireless one?

weatherbowl

• Members
  • 10,404 posts
  • Levittown
  • NY
I did get the wireless vantage pro 2. It does give you more flexibility in where you place the ISS. (integrated sensor suite). The difference in the wireless and cabled version is one cable, which is the cable that goes from the ISS to the console in your house. The anemometer has a cable on both the wireless and cabled version that goes from the anemometer to the ISS. If I were you I would bring the cabled version that you have to your new location. It may work just fine with the extra cable and you save $200 for the upgrade.
Eastern Nassau County, Long Island

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,145 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

View Postweatherbowl, on 28 January 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

I did get the wireless vantage pro 2. It does give you more flexibility in where you place the ISS. (integrated sensor suite). The difference in the wireless and cabled version is one cable, which is the cable that goes from the ISS to the console in your house. The anemometer has a cable on both the wireless and cabled version that goes from the anemometer to the ISS. If I were you I would bring the cabled version that you have to your new location. It may work just fine with the extra cable and you save $200 for the upgrade.

Good call. I'm going to see what kind of financing I could do - the only problem is the house that I'm moving to has a tiny backyard and part of it is under a gigantic tree so my rainfall totals may be off.

aryan84

• Members
  • 3 posts
I already used a cheap cabled weather stations. Here you can found a lot of cheap weather station. I think you will get your best one.
Thanks

weatherbowl

• Members
  • 10,404 posts
  • Levittown
  • NY

View Postaryan84, on 05 April 2017 - 04:41 AM, said:

I already used a cheap cabled weather stations. Here you can found a lot of cheap weather station. I think you will get your best one.
Thanks

If your in the market for a weather station, make sure you shop around. For example that price for the cabled Davis 6152c can be gotten for less than $400.
Eastern Nassau County, Long Island

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users