Malaysia air flight 370

130 replies to this topic

icehater

• Members
  • 23,215 posts
IF anyone described this to me 10 days ago I'd think it was a plot for a movie or a new Lost like TV series. Now they think the plane was flying for 4 hours after its last contact point. Anyone have any ideas here? The fact that it was out of contact for a long time and was completely off its route (this assuming that it really was still operating for those 4 hours) leads me to think this plane was shot down by the Malaysian military, perhaps someone else, and now is being covered up. I even started to think it got hi-jacked and is on another countries land. The other thing that could have happened here is a CO2 incident and accidental shift of controls as someone fell against those controls. 6 days without a trace is incredible.
Monmouth county NJ

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 9,980 posts
  • Hamburg, NJ
  • NJ

View Posticehater, on 13 March 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

IF anyone described this to me 10 days ago I'd think it was a plot for a movie or a new Lost like TV series. Now they think the plane was flying for 4 hours after its last contact point. Anyone have any ideas here? The fact that it was out of contact for a long time and was completely off its route (this assuming that it really was still operating for those 4 hours) leads me to think this plane was shot down by the Malaysian military, perhaps someone else, and now is being covered up. I even started to think it got hi-jacked and is on another countries land. The other thing that could have happened here is a CO2 incident and accidental shift of controls as someone fell against those controls. 6 days without a trace is incredible.

And there is also word coming out saying that the cell phones of the victims are still ringing when family members tried calling them yesterday, leading folks to believe that this plane was hijacked, and remains in tact with the victims possibly still alive on land somewhere.
Hamburg, NJ (Sussex County)

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,708 posts

View Postweathergeek87, on 13 March 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

And there is also word coming out saying that the cell phones of the victims are still ringing when family members tried calling them yesterday, leading folks to believe that this plane was hijacked, and remains in tact with the victims possibly still alive on land somewhere.

I've heard tech experts say that even if the plane went down in the ocean, it's possible that phones could still "ring" until those phone numbers are cancelled or whatever by the wireless carrier.

If the plane were hijacked, could it really completely "disappear" from all the different radars, satellites, etc. out there, and make it to some other country without being detected somehow somewhere along the way?
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

icehater

• Members
  • 23,215 posts

View Postweathergeek87, on 13 March 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

That one like everything else is hard to understand and mysterious. How are the batteries still operating 6 days later for example. Although I'm sure they would have been fine after a day or two. But no one contacted any relatives via cell phone during those 4 hours either which would mean there was no urgency to do so. Think back to 9/11 and all those calls coming from the planes and the towers. There was an immediate urgency to use the modern day technology to contact others. In this case we don't even have a text message. I understood that when I thought this was an abrupt thing such as an explosion or massive failure of some kind on the plane. But if it was still flying at 30K feet for 4 hours it becomes unexplainable. It would mean either everyone was unconscious or everyone thought things were normal. It's hard to believe a terrorist or a group of terrorists could hold a whole plane hostage with no one even trying to get out a message.
Monmouth county NJ

icehater

• Members
  • 23,215 posts

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 13 March 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

I've heard tech experts say that even if the plane went down in the ocean, it's possible that phones could still "ring" until those phone numbers are cancelled or whatever by the wireless carrier.

If the plane were hijacked, could it really completely "disappear" from all the different radars, satellites, etc. out there, and make it to some other country without being detected somehow somewhere along the way?
I'm not sure I understand that. Were the actual phones ringing or was it just ringing on the dialers end as the carriers tried to connect the call? If the actual phones were ringing that would be hard to understand as a phone that is submerged in water should almost certainly fail.
Monmouth county NJ

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,708 posts

View Posticehater, on 13 March 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

I'm not sure I understand that. Were the actual phones ringing or was it just ringing on the dialers end as the carriers tried to connect the call? If the actual phones were ringing that would be hard to understand as a phone that is submerged in water should almost certainly fail.

They meant that the dialer would hear a ring tone - not that the actual phone on the receiving end would be ringing.
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

icehater

• Members
  • 23,215 posts

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 13 March 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

They meant that the dialer would hear a ring tone - not that the actual phone on the receiving end would be ringing.
Which I guess would mean it was ringing on a network and couldn't be connected. If that's the case then the phone thing is a dead end. But if the plane was still flying for 4 hours after dropping all communications we have something else going on. Either a hi-jacking, a takeover of someone piloting the plane ala 9/11 incapacitating the pilots or something. Yet no communications from anyone on the plane via cell phone. Maybe some governments know what happened here but doesn't want to expose the abilities of their satellite intelligence. I also have not heard anything about the pilots. I remember the Egypt air crash where the pilot crashed the plane in a suicide.
Monmouth county NJ

weatherbowl

• Members
  • 10,273 posts
  • Levittown
  • NY
This is crazy stuff. I feel bad for the family members and friends. Now there is even talk of a hi-jacking and they could be alive. So these family members originally think the plane crashed or at least have a great fear of such. Then there is no confirmation, then the hope they may still be alive. What a horrible roller coaster they are on and the worst part is waiting with no answer.
Eastern Nassau County, Long Island

icehater

• Members
  • 23,215 posts

View Postweatherbowl, on 13 March 2014 - 05:17 PM, said:

This is crazy stuff. I feel bad for the family members and friends. Now there is even talk of a hi-jacking and they could be alive. So these family members originally think the plane crashed or at least have a great fear of such. Then there is no confirmation, then the hope they may still be alive. What a horrible roller coaster they are on and the worst part is waiting with no answer.
A reporter from the WSJ is saying on CNN that this plane may have landed safely somewhere. That's a 777 - it needs a big runway to land.
Monmouth county NJ

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,575 posts
  • Queens, NY
The plane has been nowhere in sight for six days, and the crazy thing is that we honestly have no clue of what happened. Instead of adding to the speculation, I'll just come out and say that frankly I have no clue of what happened. This is truly the biggest aviation mystery since Earhart.
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

weatherbowl

• Members
  • 10,273 posts
  • Levittown
  • NY
ABC news is reporting tonight that the 2 devices (transponders) in the cockpit that give off the planes location were deliberately shut off at two different times. They also believe the plane continued to fly for another 4-500 miles after the devices were shut off. They know this by a satellite but the satellite does not give location.

FreezingDrizzle

• Members
  • 8,603 posts
  • Perth_Amboy
  • NJ
Don't feel badly TS, I just watched a panel of experts and they have no idea either.
2018-2019 Frozen Precipitation Record

November 15, 2018 - 4.1 inches (Miller A "overperforming" - to sleet, freezing rain, rain, back to sleet on 11/16 7 am)

Total - 4.1 inches

FreezingDrizzle

• Members
  • 8,603 posts
  • Perth_Amboy
  • NJ
777 needs about 3,000 feet of runway. One expert opined that airstrips like that are fairly common.

November 15, 2018 - 4.1 inches (Miller A "overperforming" - to sleet, freezing rain, rain, back to sleet on 11/16 7 am)

Total - 4.1 inches

FreezingDrizzle

• Members
  • 8,603 posts
  • Perth_Amboy
  • NJ
It took 5 days to find wreckage of that Air France 447 crash in the Atlantic (from Brazil). Black box was not recovered for two years.
Mechanical problem, then pilot error caused a stall, then crash.

Total - 4.1 inches

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 9,980 posts
  • Hamburg, NJ
  • NJ

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 13 March 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

Mike - I am trying to find the link to the story I was reading earlier - it said that the callers heard "ringing", several callers - but how could that be if the phone is submerged in a plane crash? Usually the call doesn't ring and it goes right to voicemail. This is why some were speculating that the plane did not crash and is on land in some remote airstrip somewhere.

My friend was telling me that he heard people speculating that the hi-jackers flew the plane to a remote location where it possibly loaded the plane with explosives, and it could be headed to a specific target at any moment. One person said this could possibly be a more "thought out" 9/11.

Of course, all speculation but it makes you really think considering the latest developments.

Edit: People are also throwing around "alien abduction" for this too. Lol

weatherbowl

• Members
  • 10,273 posts
  • Levittown
  • NY

View Postweatherbowl, on 13 March 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

ABC news is reporting tonight that the 2 devices (transponders) in the cockpit that give off the planes location were deliberately shut off at two different times. They also believe the plane continued to fly for another 4-500 miles after the devices were shut off. They know this by a satellite but the satellite does not give location.

I meant to say the plane flew another 4-5 hours after the devices were shut off. This could mean some 2500 miles in any direction.

icehater

• Members
  • 23,215 posts

View PostFreezingDrizzle, on 13 March 2014 - 07:01 PM, said:

777 needs about 3,000 feet of runway. One expert opined that airstrips like that are fairly common.

I used to fly 30-40 times a year and was a lot more knowledgable than I am now. Can a 777 even land at LGA?
Monmouth county NJ

icehater

• Members
  • 23,215 posts

View Posticehater, on 13 March 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

Hi-jacking the plane as a future missile or using the passengers as bargaining chips Is a scary thought John. But I would think that we'd have alerts all over the globe if that was the case.

View Postweathergeek87, on 13 March 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

Mike - I am trying to find the link to the story I was reading earlier - it said that the callers heard "ringing", several callers - but how could that be if the phone is submerged in a plane crash? Usually the call doesn't ring and it goes right to voicemail. This is why some were speculating that the plane did not crash and is on land in some remote airstrip somewhere.

My friend was telling me that he heard people speculating that the hi-jackers flew the plane to a remote location where it possibly loaded the plane with explosives, and it could be headed to a specific target at any moment. One person said this could possibly be a more "thought out" 9/11.

Of course, all speculation but it makes you really think considering the latest developments.

Edit: People are also throwing around "alien abduction" for this too. Lol

Hi-jacking the plane as a future missile or using the passengers as bargaining chips Is a scary thought John. But I would think that we'd have alerts all over the globe if that was the case. Some theories:

http://abcnews.go.co...w.google.com%2F
Monmouth county NJ

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 9,980 posts
  • Hamburg, NJ
  • NJ

View Posticehater, on 13 March 2014 - 10:45 PM, said:

Hi-jacking the plane as a future missile or using the passengers as bargaining chips Is a scary thought John. But I would think that we'd have alerts all over the globe if that was the case. Some theories:

http://abcnews.go.co...w.google.com%2F

Even if the plane exploded in mid-air, like flight 800, I'm sure some type of debris would have been found already.
This is a deepening mystery.

If it was a hi-jacking, the question becomes, why this plane?

icehater

• Members
  • 23,215 posts
I thought some of the 9/11 hi jackers trained or passed thru Malaysia. Maybe it's an easy mark.
Monmouth county NJ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users