The Obama Legacy

72 replies to this topic

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,055 posts

View Postmetfan4life, on 20 August 2016 - 07:59 PM, said:

Obama aoways have been like this

I agree, but I think he has gotten worse. I firmly beleive that he thinks most people are too stupid to understand how great his policies could be if we would just lie down and let it happen. The swagger and petulance when challenged support why I think that.

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,055 posts
What about the VA scandal? Since the scandal broke about 18 months ago and there have been 6 people named CEOS since theN. Obama has largely ignored this and the same problems remain. ive often said the government can't do much well and maybe I should say they can't do private sector things well and this is a perfect example. This is a real world view of how government would run healthcare if single payer ever happens.

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,602 posts
  • Queens, NY
Hasn't the VA been a perpetual mess? Not justifying what Obama's done here, or what he hasn't done, but I'm hard-pressed to remember a time in my short life where anyone could describe the VA as "good."
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,055 posts

View Postthundersleet, on 28 August 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

Hasn't the VA been a perpetual mess? Not justifying what Obama's done here, or what he hasn't done, but I'm hard-pressed to remember a time in my short life where anyone could describe the VA as "good."

This is one of my problems with Obama supporters (not completely directed at you). Instead of asking what has he accomplished, the standard answer is, well, he inherited a mess, so what do you expect? Yes, he inherited a mess that by all accounts got worse under his watch. He is responsible for putting a leader in the position to clean the mess up and has had 6 leaders in 12 months. That either really bad luck or a stunning lack of ability to choose a person to fix things

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,055 posts
Some good stuff here relative to ACA and the administration's defense of its "success".

https://pjmedia.com/...cares-failures/

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,602 posts
  • Queens, NY

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 30 August 2016 - 05:22 AM, said:

This is one of my problems with Obama supporters (not completely directed at you). Instead of asking what has he accomplished, the standard answer is, well, he inherited a mess, so what do you expect? Yes, he inherited a mess that by all accounts got worse under his watch. He is responsible for putting a leader in the position to clean the mess up and has had 6 leaders in 12 months. That either really bad luck or a stunning lack of ability to choose a person to fix things

That is a somewhat legitimate gripe, as some people take that line. But I also know many Obama supporters who tout lower unemployment, fewer uninsured people, the killing of bin Laden, taking us out of Iraq, etc. All of which answer the question of "What has he accomplished?" You may not agree with that sort of answer (I don't...I feel that view leaves out some unflattering stuff), but that sort of answer is one I find quite common from Obama supporters.
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

metfan4life

• Members
  • 28,973 posts
I would like to share something

My girlfriend is an art teacher . Her students wrote letters to President Obama about their favorite animals. He replied back to her.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My girlfriend is very smart :)
Anthony

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
The president of the Phillipines said Obama can "go to hell" today. I guess that's how much respect he has around the globe. I don't know how he can be viewed any other way than incredibly weak.
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,442 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 04 October 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

The president of the Phillipines said Obama can "go to hell" today. I guess that's how much respect he has around the globe. I don't know how he can be viewed any other way than incredibly weak.
hes a firey fella
http://www.cnn.com/2...akup/index.html

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,055 posts

View Postmetfan4life, on 15 September 2016 - 12:38 AM, said:

I would like to share something

My girlfriend is an art teacher . Her students wrote letters to President Obama about their favorite animals. He replied back to her.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My girlfriend is very smart :)

There is an office that does this. Way back when we invited President Bush (41) to our wedding. We received a congratulations response in the mail. Its pretty cool to get something from the White House.

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,055 posts

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 04 October 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

President of the Philippines must be a racist.....

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,055 posts
I saw on Facebook that the President's official page has a picture that says "Share if you think President Obama deserves a third term". 1) What does that say about all his support of HIllary? To me, it says its all talk and lies since he believes he is a better option than her. 2) it totally supports what I have said about him and his ego/vanity. In his mind he is the greatest president this country has ever seen and if it wasnt for the racists in the world and if we were smart enough, we could all see it. Yet half of the deplorables people in this country feel like we are stuck in the mud and headed in the wrong direction. The economy is not markedly improved in 8 years and the world is less safe.

He is star in his own mind and that has been part of his problem as President. It did not allow him to create the relationships he needed with people in his own party and moderates in the other party.

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,442 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
FROM Columbia U. website.
wouldn't it be more productive to include all in the learning, so that we can grow...together? nah lets segregate

the Obama legacy

Leadership Development & Training
OMA leadership initiatives are aimed at helping student organizational leaders better navigate the university system, enhance their programming and community building skills, better lead their respective organizations, better plan and manage events, and better collaborate with other organizations.
•Students of Color Leadership Retreat (SOCLR)
Organizations (cultural and identity-based)

Students of Color Leadership Retreat (SOCLR)

The Students of Color Leadership Retreat (SOCLR) is an annual retreat weekend that takes place during the fall semester in a residential camp setting. The SOCLR weekend is designed to fortify participants in their leadership at Columbia, Barnard and beyond, to focus on shared experiences, and to critically examine various issues and "isms" that relate to living in a multicultural and diverse community. Upon returning from the retreat, students are galvanized by the enhanced connections made during the weekend and are able to continue in their work as student leaders with a strong supportive community behind them. During the weekend, student leaders of color work on building their leadership skills using a developmental process. SOCLR is designed for students who identify themselves as a person of color as a primary identity.

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,442 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postvascudave, on 05 October 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

wouldn't it be more productive to include all in the learning, so that we can grow...together? nah lets segregate

the Obama legacy

OMA leadership initiatives are aimed at helping student organizational leaders better navigate the university system, enhance their programming and community building skills, better lead their respective organizations, better plan and manage events, and better collaborate with other organizations.

The Students of Color Leadership Retreat (SOCLR) is an annual retreat weekend that takes place during the fall semester in a residential camp setting. The SOCLR weekend is designed to fortify participants in their leadership at Columbia, Barnard and beyond, to focus on shared experiences, and to critically examine various issues and "isms" that relate to living in a multicultural and diverse community. Upon returning from the retreat, students are galvanized by the enhanced connections made during the weekend and are able to continue in their work as student leaders with a strong supportive community behind them. During the weekend, student leaders of color work on building their leadership skills using a developmental process. SOCLR is designed for students who identify themselves as a person of color as a primary identity.
and what if non- persons of color "identify" themselves as persons of color?

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,055 posts

View Postvascudave, on 05 October 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

the Obama legacy

View Postvascudave, on 05 October 2016 - 07:26 AM, said:

and what if non- persons of color "identify" themselves as persons of color?

I am sure somebody can defend the undefenseable. Just remember a wise man once said "a person should be judged by their character, not the color of their skin". I am sure he would think that's a two way street, but sadly today it has become a one way street.

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,442 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
http://www.cnn.com/2...-war/index.html

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,283 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

View Postvascudave, on 13 October 2016 - 11:06 AM, said:

Russia had nothing to do with the WikiLeaks email dump. Julian Assange is not affiliated with Russia nor is Trump. The US just needs another excuse to get into a war because our market is crumbling and won't last long without conflict.
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,055 posts
Has there ever been a sitting President who has been on the campaign trail as much as BO, showing how classless and arrogant he truly is? Maybe I am old, but the office used to be one with character, one that was above pop culture, one of class and dignity. This guy is just snarky, petulant and arrogant, everytime he opens his mouth. Add the fiasco that Obamacare is and will continue to be, his beloved legacy among open minded people will be very poor, probably the worst Democratic president ever. If not, right along side Carter. Of course, Dems want him on Mount Rushmore. What they dont know is Obama wants his own mountain, because, you know, he is better than the 4 of them and cant share a mountain with those people.

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,283 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 14 October 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

Has there ever been a sitting President who has been on the campaign trail as much as BO, showing how classless and arrogant he truly is? Maybe I am old, but the office used to be one with character, one that was above pop culture, one of class and dignity. This guy is just snarky, petulant and arrogant, everytime he opens his mouth. Add the fiasco that Obamacare is and will continue to be, his beloved legacy among open minded people will be very poor, probably the worst Democratic president ever. If not, right along side Carter. Of course, Dems want him on Mount Rushmore. What they dont know is Obama wants his own mountain, because, you know, he is better than the 4 of them and cant share a mountain with those people.

Obama is a disgrace and will go down as the worst President we've ever had. He is an abject failure.
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,442 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
Obama on a plane!. whew
I didn't verify but since the media doesn't neither do I
its on video so its true

https://www.youtube....h?v=dGJIB5cO0cQ

1 user(s) are reading this topic