Terror Attack

79 replies to this topic

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,343 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postthundersleet, on 13 June 2016 - 08:26 AM, said:

And I'm saying that as a Christian, so I am being equal opportunity here. I don't justify what a number of Muslim countries do with homosexuals, but at the same time I don't justify what many Christians do with homosexuals either.
" the same time I don't justify what many Christians do with homosexuals either"
agree with that.
im saying are there any Christian based countries with actual laws accepting brutalizing homosexuals? im not aware of any. am I incorrect?

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,145 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

View Postvascudave, on 13 June 2016 - 09:39 AM, said:

" the same time I don't justify what many Christians do with homosexuals either"
agree with that.
im saying are there any Christian based countries with actual laws accepting brutalizing homosexuals? im not aware of any. am I incorrect?

Maybe long ago but probably not currently. It's Arab and African countries who are the worst offenders against the LGBT community.
It's about time we quit the PC garbage and called this for what it is. Islamic extremism and Islamic Terrorism inspired by ISIS. They are here folks. Clearly the FBI dropped the ball on this one since this guy apparently was interviewed in 2013 and then released. A failure which resulted in the death of 49 and the shaking of the entire country.
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,575 posts
  • Queens, NY

View Postvascudave, on 13 June 2016 - 09:39 AM, said:

agree with that.

If you mean brutalize you mean death penalty, you could argue maybe Nigeria*
*Nigeria is actually pretty split between Christians and Muslims.

If you mean brutalize you mean long imprisonments in subpar judicial systems, there are many Christian countries which do that.
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

weatherbowl

• Members
  • 10,404 posts
  • Levittown
  • NY
There are about 75 countries with some kind of anti-gay law. The majority are in Africa the Middle East and Asia.

https://76crimes.com...ity-is-illegal/
Eastern Nassau County, Long Island

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 3,913 posts

View Postweathergeek87, on 13 June 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

Maybe long ago but probably not currently. It's Arab and African countries who are the worst offenders against the LGBT community.
It's about time we quit the PC garbage and called this for what it is. Islamic extremism and Islamic Terrorism inspired by ISIS. They are here folks. Clearly the FBI dropped the ball on this one since this guy apparently was interviewed in 2013 and then released. A failure which resulted in the death of 49 and the shaking of the entire country.

At the same time, we need to stop with the hyphenation of America...gay-American, lesbian-American, Mexican - American, Irish-American, etc...If you are an American citizen you are an American, period. Maybe if we stop having pockets ("communities") for all of our different segregated groups and think of ourselves of Americans and nothing else, things will change.

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,343 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postthundersleet, on 13 June 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

If you mean brutalize you mean death penalty, you could argue maybe Nigeria*
*Nigeria is actually pretty split between Christians and Muslims.

If you mean brutalize you mean long imprisonments in subpar judicial systems, there are many Christian countries which do that.
I mean kill, as allowed by their laws

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,343 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 13 June 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

At the same time, we need to stop with the hyphenation of America...gay-American, lesbian-American, Mexican - American, Irish-American, etc...If you are an American citizen you are an American, period. Maybe if we stop having pockets ("communities") for all of our different segregated groups and think of ourselves of Americans and nothing else, things will change.
agree. no need to lose your culture though. had a friend living in Miami. he is Cuban. he would refuse to speak Spanish as he felt that having sub cultures within America doesn't allow for expansion of oneself. limiting to a language and one solo culture within America only kept them in their own cultures. he actually ran for counsel. he lost. lol

robbbs

• Administrator
  • 16,507 posts
The police response in Orlando was ridiculous. The club should have been stormed, or at the very least approached, rather than the police standing by outside while the slaughter continued for hours (yes, hours). I have spoken to a friend who is in NYPD Intelligence who said the Orlando PD handling was atrocious and incompetent. I'm not trying to lose focus on the killer and his horrendous actions. However, we have to have a better response strategy by those whose jobs are to confront situations. This has been the case in Columbine, the Paris rock concert, and at other tragic venues.
rockburnweather.com
West Milford NJ

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,575 posts
  • Queens, NY

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 13 June 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

I agree but would go one step further-we should treat them as such too. After 9/11 there were a lot of Sikhs targeted because people thought they were Muslim (because they wore turbans), and many of them had buttons saying "I am a Sikh American." Those buttons wouldn't have been necessary if we didn't treat them so poorly.

But once again, I by-in-large agree with you.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 3,913 posts

View Postrobbbs, on 13 June 2016 - 06:05 PM, said:

The police response in Orlando was ridiculous. The club should have been stormed, or at the very least approached, rather than the police standing by outside while the slaughter continued for hours (yes, hours). I have spoken to a friend who is in NYPD Intelligence who said the Orlando PD handling was atrocious and incompetent. I'm not trying to lose focus on the killer and his horrendous actions. However, we have to have a better response strategy by those whose jobs are to confront situations. This has been the case in Columbine, the Paris rock concert, and at other tragic venues.

Yep, wondered why it took over 3 hours to get in there. I would like to say that Orlando PD is not as trained as NYPD, but that's a scary thought given Walt Disney World is in the community. you have to believe that is one of the top places for terrorists.

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,145 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 13 June 2016 - 07:25 PM, said:

Yep, wondered why it took over 3 hours to get in there. I would like to say that Orlando PD is not as trained as NYPD, but that's a scary thought given Walt Disney World is in the community. you have to believe that is one of the top places for terrorists.

Apparently Disney World in Orlando was on this sickos bucket list.
I can't believe it took the PD 3 hours to bust in. That's RIDICULOUS. I am feeling so twisted inside about this event. Really sad and gut-wrenching.

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,343 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
WE Are really on the brink here. we are slowly being infiltrated (sounds crazy I know. we are under trained and geared to put everyones feelings and cultures first. I bet the Orlando pd is just not trained on how to handle crisis. agree or not, we are under attack. this guy should have never been able to have done what he did. we need better laws, guns(he shouldn't have been able to purchase) and surveillance. too many laws protect a monster like this. he should have been followed daily.

what pirate is saying is there is no unity. can't have a country without unity. separate countries equal little pods(lil countries) in our country. many don't like amaerica, its values, freedoms etc. when there are so many countries with laws in place that kill people for whom they love. over 70 that imprison for it, we need to put our values first. sorry if some our offended. follow our laws, our culture, our way of life. whats wrong with that? don't change us, don't like it, stay where you are. I think that's fair.

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,343 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
an epidemic
http://www.cnn.com/2...tack/index.html

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,343 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
guess these guys can handle situations

Randall County Sheriff's Office

32 mins ·

**** UPDATE ****

It has been confirmed that there is one person armed with a gun inside Walmart and at least one hostage.

We do consider this a work-place violence situation at this point.

All agencies are on scene, including Amarillo SWAT, APD, RCSO, PCSO and DPS. The SWAT robot is currently being utilized.
Although there were reports of shots fired when officers arrived on scene, there have been no confirmed injuries.

45 Likes47 Comments264 Shares

RECENT POSTS.

News Feed

Randall County Sheriff's Office

Just now ·

We want to thank everyone who helped spread the word today during the intense hostage situation at Walmart.

You're shares helped us keep the area clear during an extremely dangerous situation...and helped us inform the public in a very timely manner.

Again, the hostages were freed within the past half hour after the suspect was shot and killed by Amarillo Police Department SWAT team members.

The area will remain closed to traffic as the investigation continues, so please continue to avoid the streets around Georgia and I-27.

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,145 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ
I have a friend who is a teacher in Rockland County. Her secretary at work apparently lost her son in the shooting. Terrible.

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,575 posts
  • Queens, NY
One hope I like to hold is that this tragedy can at least get a lot of more conservative, fundamentalist Christians to at least be more loving of homosexuals. Only during this tragedy have I heard more conservative Christians say anything loving about homosexuals. Ultimately I think that a lot of Christian theology is wrong on this issue but for now I think at least mutual acceptance and love (but not a romantic sort of love) is a positive first step.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,145 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ
Looks like this killer was possibly a closeted homosexual. He apparently frequented Pulse night club and other gay bars and used a profile on a gay dating app. The story just keeps changing. So he was also a radicalized Islamist who probably was deeply disturbed because he couldn't accept himself due to his faith and he snapped. Insane.

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,343 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postthundersleet, on 14 June 2016 - 08:41 PM, said:

One hope I like to hold is that this tragedy can at least get a lot of more conservative, fundamentalist Christians to at least be more loving of homosexuals. Only during this tragedy have I heard more conservative Christians say anything loving about homosexuals. Ultimately I think that a lot of Christian theology is wrong on this issue but for now I think at least mutual acceptance and love (but not a romantic sort of love) is a positive first step.
in the end its an attack on us all. again we separate into categories, which I think separate us. we're humans.
perhapse conservative Christians don't agree with the "lifestyle" but should agree we a free to do what we want as long as no harm to others is done.

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,343 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postweathergeek87, on 14 June 2016 - 09:35 PM, said:

Looks like this killer was possibly a closeted homosexual. He apparently frequented Pulse night club and other gay bars and used a profile on a gay dating app. The story just keeps changing. So he was also a radicalized Islamist who probably was deeply disturbed because he couldn't accept himself due to his faith and he snapped. Insane.
being a radicalized islamist is disturbing and insane

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,145 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

View Postvascudave, on 15 June 2016 - 09:00 AM, said:

being a radicalized islamist is disturbing and insane

Yes absolutely. After hearing the account from the girl who survived while in the bathroom, she heard him screaming on the phone for several hours, this guy was an absolutely nut job. 100% radicalized and out of his damn mind. Forget the sexual fantasies he had, this guy fully believed that what he was doing (cleansing the earth of infidels) was what his God wanted. There is no fixing this. Obama's response was pathetic at best and he has really shown how terrible of a leader he really is. The media attacking Trump for what he said is so stupid. I think his approach on this is what we need (calling it like we see it, RADICAL ISLAM), but the media and the powers that be have already coronated their queen aka HRC so Trump is in her way, so they will try to destroy him now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users