Terror Attack

79 replies to this topic

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,618 posts
  • Queens, NY

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 28 June 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

Another ISIS attack....if only we were nicer people, Muslims wouldn't bomb innocent Westerners.

I heard this morning that some high up person in ISIS said that Allah would multiply someone's reward tenfold for carrying out attacks during Ramadan. I challenge you to find a place in the Quran where it says this. I am not saying that there is zero violent stuff in there (but you will find violent stuff in the Bible too) but the quote I presented is not Islam but a very twisted view of it.
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,618 posts
  • Queens, NY

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 29 June 2016 - 04:34 AM, said:

For those keeping score at home, June scoreboard:

Muslim Terrorists - 2
Western World - 0

You forgot the American airstrikes which sometimes kills innocent civilians. Then the scorecard might not look so favorable to us, would it?

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,467 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postthundersleet, on 29 June 2016 - 06:20 AM, said:

You forgot the American airstrikes which sometimes kills innocent civilians. Then the scorecard might not look so favorable to us, would it?
whats your implication?

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,467 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 28 June 2016 - 06:52 PM, said:

Another ISIS attack....if only we were nicer people, Muslims wouldn't bomb innocent Westerners.
shame, guess this is the new norm? need to remember these guys make pretty good bombs too

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,618 posts
  • Queens, NY

View Postvascudave, on 29 June 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

whats your implication?

The implications are that the "west" is not completely innocent either. It doesn't excuse ISIS terrorists nor should my comment be implied as excusing ISIS terrorists, but we should realize that the U.S. and the rest of the "west" are also guilty of actions which have consequences on innocent civilians, even if those consequences are unintended.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,284 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

View Postthundersleet, on 29 June 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

The implications are that the "west" is not completely innocent either. It doesn't excuse ISIS terrorists nor should my comment be implied as excusing ISIS terrorists, but we should realize that the U.S. and the rest of the "west" are also guilty of actions which have consequences on innocent civilians, even if those consequences are unintended.

I do agree with this. Obama continues to bomb "hot spots" across the middle east, many times wiping out villages filled with innocent people. It's no wonder the West is hated over there.
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,078 posts

Most would read this as implying that you are excusing Muslim terrorists.

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,618 posts
  • Queens, NY

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 29 June 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

Most would read this as implying that you are excusing Muslim terrorists.

Which was why I included what I included. I am not excusing their actions but condemning their actions, as well as many American actions.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,078 posts

y

It's a backhanded way to say that you are not excusing their actions, yet blaming the USA/west at the same time. In other words, you are saying you don't agree with terrorists, but you underparts and why they attack us.

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,618 posts
  • Queens, NY

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 30 June 2016 - 08:05 PM, said:

y

It's a backhanded way to say that you are not excusing their actions, yet blaming the USA/west at the same time. In other words, you are saying you don't agree with terrorists, but you underparts and why they attack us.

No. Americans get blame for American led attacks and ISIS gets blamed for ISIS led attacks. This was an ISIS led attack so ultimately they get the blame. Only point was that if we kept a scorecard of American attacks which kill innocents vs ISIS attacks which kill innocents, Americans don't exactly have a sterling record

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

weatherbowl

• Members
  • 10,470 posts
  • Levittown
  • NY
I agree that unfortunately America, sometimes, does kill innocent victims when trying to kill an enemy. However we do not go and seek out totally innocent people and kill them.
Eastern Nassau County, Long Island

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,467 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
wow

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,467 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 30 June 2016 - 08:05 PM, said:

y

its like chris rock said about OJ?? I understand?? idk
lol
we gotta have some laughter

https://www.youtube....h?v=J8TqhBIEbWA

Blizzard78

• Members
  • 1,457 posts
  • NY

But America actions are to kill terrorist. we don't do it to kill innocent people,the terrorist plan on killing innocent. Im no expert, but i think it would be pretty hard to take out terrorist cells and have no innocent people killed in every single action to take out terrorist. So I guess we should stop trying to take out terrorist cells and let them grow?

i'm a deplorable who lives on another planet

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,618 posts
  • Queens, NY

View Postweatherbowl, on 30 June 2016 - 10:16 PM, said:

I agree that unfortunately America, sometimes, does kill innocent victims when trying to kill an enemy. However we do not go and seek out totally innocent people and kill them.

View PostBlizzard78, on 01 July 2016 - 08:26 AM, said:

But America actions are to kill terrorist. we don't do it to kill innocent people,the terrorist plan on killing innocent. Im no expert, but i think it would be pretty hard to take out terrorist cells and have no innocent people killed in every single action to take out terrorist. So I guess we should stop trying to take out terrorist cells and let them grow?

Which is all true, and is the reality. But when you are a family or friend of an innocent victim, it is hard to perceive things that way.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,078 posts

View PostBlizzard78, on 01 July 2016 - 08:26 AM, said:

And that is the big difference. When I say Terrorist 2, West 0, we are talking about innocent citizens out and about enjoying life and murdered. The US/West is attacking terrorists who are soldiers in a war. Big difference. If you want to think otherwise, fine, but the difference is striking. I fear that the liberal society today is advocating the attitude that you are presenting.

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,618 posts
  • Queens, NY

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 01 July 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

And that is the big difference. When I say Terrorist 2, West 0, we are talking about innocent citizens out and about enjoying life and murdered. The US/West is attacking terrorists who are soldiers in a war. Big difference. If you want to think otherwise, fine, but the difference is striking. I fear that the liberal society today is advocating the attitude that you are presenting.

Depends on what you define US/West though. Israel is a proxy of the U.S. you could argue, and Israel has killed its fair share of citizens (namely Palestinians) out and enjoying life.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,784 posts
How do liberals not recognize the distinction that any civilians the US/West kills are unintended "collateral damage" (and for the record, I don't like that term at all as it sounds a lot colder and heartless than it is intended) where terrorists are the intended targets. We don't go out looking to kill innocent (and how do we know who really is innocent over there anyway?) people just for kicks on a Saturday night. Whereas with terrorists, innocent civilians are their intended targets. It's a difference as wide as the Grand Canyon.
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,467 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
http://www.cnn.com/2...bing/index.html

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,467 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
http://www.npr.org/s...arket-in-berlin

asylum seeker that flew under the lack radar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users