Weather Apps

5 replies to this topic

gpsnavigator

• Members
  • 1,712 posts
I am curious as to what weather apps folks are using, and which ones they like best?
Currently, I use the TWC app which seems to be pretty decent. It doesn't always automatically update to the current location for some reason, but I like the fact that I can save multiple locations. I just wish they made a paid version for a modest price to ditch the advertising.

I used to use weatherbug but that seemed to go downhill and lost functionality. A while ago I also toyed around with weather underground but I stopped using it, maybe they've improved it. I think accuweather is still on my old tablet which just sits on the shelf. There is probably a whole host of others I haven't touched, so I'm curious which ones you all swear by.
-GPSNav
Home: Rockaway, NJ - Morris County -- Elevation 745 feet
Work: Newton, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 570 feet
Interests: weather, hiking, kayaking, math, science, current events, classic cars, and craft beer

satellite_eyes

• Moderators
  • 7,772 posts
I love MyRadar. Very easy to use. I only use it for radar. The only other one I use I guess came with the phone. It's the weather icon and you can save locations. Not very detailed but it constantly updates. The source is the weather channel though but it's not the twc icon so it's a bit different.
Lake Hopatcong, NJ (NW Morris County)
Elevation 1150' - Average Snow: 50"

Snow Stats (as of 3/31/15)
2014-2015 Winter - 67.0" Min Temp -6
2013-2014 Winter - 66.1" Min Temp -5
2012-2013 Winter - 53.4" Min Temp +1
2011-2012 Winter - 26.9" Min Temp +5
2010-2011 Winter - 62.3" Min Temp -6

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,357 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
twc but open to others

weatherbowl

• Members
  • 10,410 posts
  • Levittown
  • NY
Mostly weatherunderground
Eastern Nassau County, Long Island

gpsnavigator

• Members
  • 1,712 posts
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to try these out for fun, especially the radar one. Let's see how my old S4 battery likes having multiple weather apps installed.
-GPSNav
Home: Rockaway, NJ - Morris County -- Elevation 745 feet
Work: Newton, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 570 feet
Interests: weather, hiking, kayaking, math, science, current events, classic cars, and craft beer

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,160 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ
I personally love NEXRAD, it's not an app I just have the link saved in my favorites in safari. I always found their radar to be the most accurate.
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users