Jump to content

President Trump


1358 replies to this topic

#1341
vascudave

  • Members
  • 7,442 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Raritan
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 13 August 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

So he and any guest on his show can hurl insults at Trump as well as every other republican/conservative and their supporters, but he can't handle being called Fredo? Typical leftist hypocrisy.
and they can use fredo freely on CNN even though its a racial slur akin to the "N" word. (which in no way in heck is it even 0.5% close to)

#1342
vascudave

  • Members
  • 7,442 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Raritan
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postvascudave, on 13 August 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

not sure if you guys caught it or not
the guy tells chris that hes much more reasonable in person than on his show!!
hilarious!

#1343
vascudave

  • Members
  • 7,442 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Raritan
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
BAD week for cnn
https://www.yahoo.co...-145454699.html

#1344
carribeanpirate

  • Members
  • 4,055 posts
  • Gender:Male
Yahoo headline this morning talked about Trump calling out a "protestor" for being fat, but it turns out the guy wasn't a protestor....he is a supporter who tore protestors signs from people's hands. And he still loves Trump.

Try to search Yahoo and find anything about it....there is nothing online or in a Google search, it's been scrubbed away. Tell me again the media is not biased, you have to be a complete fool not to recognize that news is either right biased or left biased, nothing neutral. Period.

The link below is for a WaPo article, which still calls the guy a heckler.


https://www.washingt...-heckler-rally/

#1345
carribeanpirate

  • Members
  • 4,055 posts
  • Gender:Male
Will the left/progressives/anti Trumpers ever tire of being outraged by everything?

Saw the left is up in arms that Sean Spicer was chosen to participate on Dancing with the Stars (yea, I know, lets ignore the fact this show is still on) and have launched a boycott. Seriously? Take away the fact that its a low rated TV show that has never had a star on it, the same show has Ray Lewis on it. The same Ray Lewis who was at a minimum involved in a double murder and who many believe participated in the murders. So, Ray Lewis (accomplice to murder) is fine, Sean Spicer (professional talker) is not.

Excuse me while I go and bang my head on the wall.......

#1346
weathergeek87

  • Moderators
  • 10,283 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamburg, NJ
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 22 August 2019 - 06:21 AM, said:

Will the left/progressives/anti Trumpers ever tire of being outraged by everything?

Saw the left is up in arms that Sean Spicer was chosen to participate on Dancing with the Stars (yea, I know, lets ignore the fact this show is still on) and have launched a boycott. Seriously? Take away the fact that its a low rated TV show that has never had a star on it, the same show has Ray Lewis on it. The same Ray Lewis who was at a minimum involved in a double murder and who many believe participated in the murders. So, Ray Lewis (accomplice to murder) is fine, Sean Spicer (professional talker) is not.

Excuse me while I go and bang my head on the wall.......

Carib - I ditched cable and I unfollowed a lot of the news organizations I previously was following - I canít stomach it anymore.
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

#1347
carribeanpirate

  • Members
  • 4,055 posts
  • Gender:Male

View Postweathergeek87, on 24 August 2019 - 03:03 AM, said:



Carib - I ditched cable and I unfollowed a lot of the news organizations I previously was following - I canít stomach it anymore.

I follow very little news and only watch sports and reality shows on TV. I happens to see the boycott on Social media. Starting to use less of that as well.

#1348
thundersleet

  • Members
  • 7,602 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Queens, NY

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 22 August 2019 - 06:21 AM, said:

Will the left/progressives/anti Trumpers ever tire of being outraged by everything?

Saw the left is up in arms that Sean Spicer was chosen to participate on Dancing with the Stars (yea, I know, lets ignore the fact this show is still on) and have launched a boycott. Seriously? Take away the fact that its a low rated TV show that has never had a star on it, the same show has Ray Lewis on it. The same Ray Lewis who was at a minimum involved in a double murder and who many believe participated in the murders. So, Ray Lewis (accomplice to murder) is fine, Sean Spicer (professional talker) is not.

Excuse me while I go and bang my head on the wall.......

Heard about this. There are some very real problems...and worrying about Sean Spicer on Dancing with the Stars?
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

#1349
gpsnavigator

  • Members
  • 1,755 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Morris County, NJ

View Postthundersleet, on 30 August 2019 - 04:55 PM, said:

Heard about this. There are some very real problems...and worrying about Sean Spicer on Dancing with the Stars?
Haven't talked to you in a while, but your team (or maybe they're not anymore) has just gotten worse and worse, and dumber and dumber. It's a damn shame that this is what the opposition to Trump has shaped up to be. And all they're doing is helping his re-election, and further contributing to the political discourse and overall sense of contempt for others in this country. I'm to the point where I could end up writing in someone like Sue Collins or <awkward sigh> Mitt Romney for President.
-GPSNav
Home: Rockaway, NJ - Morris County -- Elevation 745 feet
Work: Newton, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 570 feet
Interests: weather, hiking, kayaking, math, science, current events, classic cars, and craft beer

#1350
thundersleet

  • Members
  • 7,602 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Queens, NY

View Postgpsnavigator, on 01 September 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:


Haven't talked to you in a while, but your team (or maybe they're not anymore) has just gotten worse and worse, and dumber and dumber. It's a damn shame that this is what the opposition to Trump has shaped up to be. And all they're doing is helping his re-election, and further contributing to the political discourse and overall sense of contempt for others in this country. I'm to the point where I could end up writing in someone like Sue Collins or <awkward sigh> Mitt Romney for President.

Yeah, the last few months have been crazy, but Dorian brought me back. I may come in and out, coming in for major weather events mostly.

I still very much lean left on most issues, but I vote third party too much to be on the Democratic "team." But, I overall agree you. Sometimes, it seems like many of the Democrats are oppositional just for being oppositional, or for outdoing each other in anti-Trumpness. That I feel is problematic because they may be less likely to be taken seriously when there is a real problem.

Consider voting third party if you don't like any of the Dems in 2020. My recollection is that if a third party gets above 5 percent nationally, they have access to certain extra funds. Therefore, contrary to the idea that a third party vote is a wasted one, a third party vote may give a third party the opportunity to push the Republicans and Democrats on some major issues, even if they have no hope of winning.
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

#1351
gpsnavigator

  • Members
  • 1,755 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Morris County, NJ

View Postthundersleet, on 02 September 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

Yeah, the last few months have been crazy, but Dorian brought me back. I may come in and out, coming in for major weather events mostly.

I still very much lean left on most issues, but I vote third party too much to be on the Democratic "team." But, I overall agree you. Sometimes, it seems like many of the Democrats are oppositional just for being oppositional, or for outdoing each other in anti-Trumpness. That I feel is problematic because they may be less likely to be taken seriously when there is a real problem.

Consider voting third party if you don't like any of the Dems in 2020. My recollection is that if a third party gets above 5 percent nationally, they have access to certain extra funds. Therefore, contrary to the idea that a third party vote is a wasted one, a third party vote may give a third party the opportunity to push the Republicans and Democrats on some major issues, even if they have no hope of winning.
Agree. The Democrats position on immigration reminds me of the Republicans on healthcare. Scream and yell, oppose, oppose, oppose, but offer up no solutions of their own.
I too will lean left on some things. But I don't pass the purity test. I have no problem voting 3rd party if it comes down to that, and reject the notion that it's just a spoiler for one side. It's a vote for a different direction than either side wants to go.
-GPSNav
Home: Rockaway, NJ - Morris County -- Elevation 745 feet
Work: Newton, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 570 feet
Interests: weather, hiking, kayaking, math, science, current events, classic cars, and craft beer

#1352
thundersleet

  • Members
  • 7,602 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Queens, NY

View Postgpsnavigator, on 03 September 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

Agree. The Democrats position on immigration reminds me of the Republicans on healthcare. Scream and yell, oppose, oppose, oppose, but offer up no solutions of their own.
I too will lean left on some things. But I don't pass the purity test. I have no problem voting 3rd party if it comes down to that, and reject the notion that it's just a spoiler for one side. It's a vote for a different direction than either side wants to go.

That's fair.

This piece is dense, but explains why 5% is an important number for third parties. All the more reason why a third party vote is not a waste, especially if you're tired of the two party system: https://transition.f.../info/chtwo.htm
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

#1353
gpsnavigator

  • Members
  • 1,755 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Morris County, NJ

View Postthundersleet, on 03 September 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

That's fair.

This piece is dense, but explains why 5% is an important number for third parties. All the more reason why a third party vote is not a waste, especially if you're tired of the two party system: https://transition.f.../info/chtwo.htm
I could live with the 2 party system if there were more independent thinking within the parties, and also less big money and a lot less pandering to certain groups for votes. More people like Joe Manchin, Sue Collins, or even John McCain. That's why I kinda like Tulsi Gabbard - she doesn't always tow the party line and I thought had some great pushback on Kamala Harris.

I'm curious - what do you think of AOC? Does she represent your district?
-GPSNav
Home: Rockaway, NJ - Morris County -- Elevation 745 feet
Work: Newton, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 570 feet
Interests: weather, hiking, kayaking, math, science, current events, classic cars, and craft beer

#1354
thundersleet

  • Members
  • 7,602 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Queens, NY

View Postgpsnavigator, on 03 September 2019 - 08:52 PM, said:

I could live with the 2 party system if there were more independent thinking within the parties, and also less big money and a lot less pandering to certain groups for votes. More people like Joe Manchin, Sue Collins, or even John McCain. That's why I kinda like Tulsi Gabbard - she doesn't always tow the party line and I thought had some great pushback on Kamala Harris.

I'm curious - what do you think of AOC? Does she represent your district?

Yes, Tulsi Gabbard doesn't always tow the party line and has some interesting things to say. Which other candidates interest you?

AOC is not in my district--she's too far north of me in Queens for me to be in her district. But, in terms of what I think of her, I ideologically have a lot of similarities with her, but my opinion of her is in more of the "wait and see" category. She's grabbed a lot of national headlines, but if she can help root out the stinking rotten corruption with the Democratic Party in Queens County (who showed their rotten fruit when they selected Greg Meeks, who is my congresspeson and is one of the most corrupt members of congress, to lead the Democratic Party in Queens after Crowley lost), I'll have a lot of respect regardless of whether I agree ideologically or not. She has celebrity status, but if she can use that celebrity status to bring home the funding for NYCHA needed to save and repair our broken public housing, then more power to her. She's a national figure, but quite a bit of my ultimate perception of her will be shaped by how she does on local issues.
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

#1355
gpsnavigator

  • Members
  • 1,755 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Morris County, NJ

 thundersleet, on 04 September 2019 - 07:45 AM, said:

Yes, Tulsi Gabbard doesn't always tow the party line and has some interesting things to say. Which other candidates interest you?

AOC is not in my district--she's too far north of me in Queens for me to be in her district. But, in terms of what I think of her, I ideologically have a lot of similarities with her, but my opinion of her is in more of the "wait and see" category. She's grabbed a lot of national headlines, but if she can help root out the stinking rotten corruption with the Democratic Party in Queens County (who showed their rotten fruit when they selected Greg Meeks, who is my congresspeson and is one of the most corrupt members of congress, to lead the Democratic Party in Queens after Crowley lost), I'll have a lot of respect regardless of whether I agree ideologically or not. She has celebrity status, but if she can use that celebrity status to bring home the funding for NYCHA needed to save and repair our broken public housing, then more power to her. She's a national figure, but quite a bit of my ultimate perception of her will be shaped by how she does on local issues.
Well, thus far she seems more concerned about unlawful immigrants than she does citizens in her district. That, and the number of twitter followers she has. We already have a president that governs by twitter and celeberty status, and we see how effective that is. So I'm hesitant to throw a celebration in her honor just yet. In many ways I view AOC as a younger (and hotter) Donald Trump.

Ideologically, I'm probably a little more liberal on over half the issues. Conservative leaning on some others. I want to see environmental issues addressed, endangered species protected, and believe the science of man made global warming. I'll sign up for some healthcare reform, like having a strong public option. $15 per hour sounds OK to me and we seem to be making progress on that. But I part ways on immigration, and I do want to see illegal immigration humanely addressed. I'm also not down with paying off people's college educations, and probably not their abortions either. Furthermore, I have this strange idea that all people have freedom of speech and due process rights, something that I also think should extend to the private sector and media pundits we don't like. Liberals (and some conservatives) have abandoned these core values they once held and these are viewed as far-right positions by some.

I like Biden, but he appears old and tired at times. You might convince me to vote for Warren. Emphasis on might. She's a tiny bit more likeable than some of the others, and legitimately funny at times. Of course I have to get my knocks in on the 1/1024th Native American thing first. I'm not convinced anyone on that stage can reliably beat Trump. He's going to come out with a wrecking ball. And once that gets going, anything's possible.
-GPSNav
Home: Rockaway, NJ - Morris County -- Elevation 745 feet
Work: Newton, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 570 feet
Interests: weather, hiking, kayaking, math, science, current events, classic cars, and craft beer

#1356
carribeanpirate

  • Members
  • 4,055 posts
  • Gender:Male
Does anyone think Bill Clinton could be elected today? he would be considered a moderate Democrat if not a moderate Republican.

#1357
thundersleet

  • Members
  • 7,602 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Queens, NY

View Postgpsnavigator, on 05 September 2019 - 08:18 PM, said:

Well, thus far she seems more concerned about unlawful immigrants than she does citizens in her district. That, and the number of twitter followers she has. We already have a president that governs by twitter and celeberty status, and we see how effective that is. So I'm hesitant to throw a celebration in her honor just yet. In many ways I view AOC as a younger (and hotter) Donald Trump.

Ideologically, I'm probably a little more liberal on over half the issues. Conservative leaning on some others. I want to see environmental issues addressed, endangered species protected, and believe the science of man made global warming. I'll sign up for some healthcare reform, like having a strong public option. $15 per hour sounds OK to me and we seem to be making progress on that. But I part ways on immigration, and I do want to see illegal immigration humanely addressed. I'm also not down with paying off people's college educations, and probably not their abortions either. Furthermore, I have this strange idea that all people have freedom of speech and due process rights, something that I also think should extend to the private sector and media pundits we don't like. Liberals (and some conservatives) have abandoned these core values they once held and these are viewed as far-right positions by some.

I like Biden, but he appears old and tired at times. You might convince me to vote for Warren. Emphasis on might. She's a tiny bit more likeable than some of the others, and legitimately funny at times. Of course I have to get my knocks in on the 1/1024th Native American thing first. I'm not convinced anyone on that stage can reliably beat Trump. He's going to come out with a wrecking ball. And once that gets going, anything's possible.

To play devil's advocate re: the undocumented citizens and AOC, there is legitimate political reason for her (and frankly the entire NYC congressional delegation) to care about undocumented immigrants. There are 1.2 million undocumented immigrants in the NY Metro Area, and my guess is that a lot of it is concentrated in NYC itself. What this means is that many of her constituents (and many constituents of other congresspeople in NYC) know at least one family member or friend who's undocumented. Therefore, being an advocate for them is in the best interests of AOC and others politically: https://patch.com/ne...migrants-report

That aside, in terms of illegal immigration, I think that we need to address the issue of people overstaying visas. By a solid majority (60-40 I think), most illegal immigrants didn't cross a border illegally, but came in legally and overstayed their visa. It's not a hot-button issue but since it's not hot-button it may be an area for common ground and actually reducing illegal immigration. I also think we need to be punitive towards entities that hire undocumented immigrants--that would take away the economic incentive I think for people to be illegal immigrants here, while maybe also dealing with issues like wage suppression in certain industries.

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 06 September 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

Does anyone think Bill Clinton could be elected today? he would be considered a moderate Democrat if not a moderate Republican.

Maybe? Bill Clinton, for all his flaws, was a charmer, and charm can get you a long way in politics...
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

#1358
weatherbowl

  • Members
  • 10,467 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eastern Nassau County
  • Levittown
  • NY
When I think of todays democrats, I can't help but think of JFK and how they have changed since then. Could you imagine a democrat today saying "ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country". Or how about Kennedy when talking about going to the moon and space travel, and saying, we choose to do these things not because they are easy but because they are hard.
Eastern Nassau County, Long Island

#1359
carribeanpirate

  • Members
  • 4,055 posts
  • Gender:Male
The Democratic Party is going through the fundamental change that the Republican Party went through in the early/mid 2000's. The progressive movement is no different than the tea party movement, except it seems there is no resistance within the party to stop the move to the left. And whether the candidates are bought in remains to be seen. That will only come when they take the WH and start to enact policy. I have a hard time believing most of these polices would be/could be enacted. The cost of implentation and ongoing support is far too high.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users