• Members
  • 7,413 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
http://yaledailynews...nging-freshman/

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,758 posts
There's just no end to the PC stupidity.
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,002 posts
Should change "senior" since the connotation could be that of an old person.....
Should change "junior" because that is another word for a male named after their father, too gender specific.......
Should change "sophmore" since the word origin of "moros" means moron, meaning sophmore means wise moron. We cannot tolerate calling anyone a moron....

Next up I am petitioning MLB to force the Yankees to change their name, because its a demeaning term to Northerners. Its disrespectful!

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,413 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
"manhole" covers??
gender neutral covers sounds better

devilsfan0405

• Members
  • 4,939 posts
  • Cedar_Grove
  • NJ
These people really need something better to worry about. Pathetic.
Cedar Grove, New Jersey (Essex County)

Lets Go, Devils!

Let's Go, Giants!

February 25-26, 2010...THE BEAST OF THE EAST STRIKES! 15" FOR THE GROVE!!! THE OLD SIGNATURE IS FINALLY RETIRED!

gpsnavigator

• Members
  • 1,740 posts
This is the crap that ended up being one reason Donald Trump got elected. Thanks libnuts. You're really helping a whole lot.
-GPSNav
Home: Rockaway, NJ - Morris County -- Elevation 745 feet
Work: Newton, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 570 feet
Interests: weather, hiking, kayaking, math, science, current events, classic cars, and craft beer

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,274 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

View Postgpsnavigator, on 18 March 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

This is the crap that ended up being one reason Donald Trump got elected. Thanks libnuts. You're really helping a whole lot.

And he will win again in 2020 because of stuff like this, which is fine by me. Lol
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

gpsnavigator

• Members
  • 1,740 posts

View Postweathergeek87, on 18 March 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

And he will win again in 2020 because of stuff like this, which is fine by me. Lol
Which is my fear, unless by some miracle he actually becomes presidential and turns into a good leader, dealing in reality. I'm not holding my breath. I know you like him, but America elected a headcase, and part of the fault for that lies with the crazy wing of the "liberal" base and the Democrats failing to connect with America as a result of playing to that base.
-GPSNav
Home: Rockaway, NJ - Morris County -- Elevation 745 feet
Work: Newton, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 570 feet
Interests: weather, hiking, kayaking, math, science, current events, classic cars, and craft beer

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,002 posts
Well, if you think that's bad, this one is right next to it. At the university of Arizona, professors and students are being taught "ouch/oops". As in, when you are offended by something, anything, you say "ouch". And the offender is supposed to respond "oops". Really.

And after this exchange, we all get juice boxes, orange slices, a trophy and find a safe place for a nappy.

http://www.dailywire...hen-frank-camp#

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,274 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 19 March 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

Well, if you think that's bad, this one is right next to it. At the university of Arizona, professors and students are being taught "ouch/oops". As in, when you are offended by something, anything, you say "ouch". And the offender is supposed to respond "oops". Really.

And after this exchange, we all get juice boxes, orange slices, a trophy and find a safe place for a nappy.

This must be satire.
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,002 posts

View Postweathergeek87, on 19 March 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

This must be satire.

Sadly, its the truth. Use the Google, its right there.

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,413 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 19 March 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

OUCH

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,413 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postweathergeek87, on 19 March 2017 - 07:28 AM, said:

This must be satire.
one would think

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,413 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
https://www.campusre...org/%5C?ID=8607

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,002 posts

View Postvascudave, on 20 March 2017 - 06:53 AM, said:

So, you cant invite a colleague to play golf because its a "fairly expensive and inaccessable sport", yet every major state university has designed, built and maintained said golf courses for years. Some (like Penn State) have two courses to maintain.

devilsfan0405

• Members
  • 4,939 posts
  • Cedar_Grove
  • NJ
"Expensive and inaccessible"

Funny, the same words could be used to describe many of the colleges where this PC nonsense emanates from. :whistle:/>
Cedar Grove, New Jersey (Essex County)

Lets Go, Devils!

Let's Go, Giants!

February 25-26, 2010...THE BEAST OF THE EAST STRIKES! 15" FOR THE GROVE!!! THE OLD SIGNATURE IS FINALLY RETIRED!

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,413 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postdevilsfan0405, on 20 March 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

"Expensive and inaccessible"

Funny, the same words could be used to describe many of the colleges where this PC nonsense emanates from. :whistle:/>/>
LIKE YALE?
LOL

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,002 posts

View Postvascudave, on 21 March 2017 - 06:35 AM, said:

LIKE YALE?
LOL

It's any college today. Any out of state public college starts at $40k/year. And let's face it, only 2 years of a 4 year degree are directly applicable to your field of study. Another 2 years of worthless BS courses designed to grab money. No biology or math major will benefit from learning about the renessaince period. Good to know? Sure, but should not be required.

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,575 posts
  • Queens, NY
I came from a college where freshmen were called "first-years." Honestly, it's so dumb. I really couldn't care less. I have two perspectives, other than the fact that this is so incredibly dumb. First, as others have said, it's stuff like this that got DJT elected. Second, if you're a progressive who REALLY cares about women's issues, isn't the freshmen vs. first-year discussion a useless and pointless distraction from real issues women face on college campuses such as rape?
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

lab94

• Moderators
  • 12,068 posts
  • Oak_Ridge
  • NJ

View Postthundersleet, on 22 March 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

I came from a college where freshmen were called "first-years." Honestly, it's so dumb. I really couldn't care less. I have two perspectives, other than the fact that this is so incredibly dumb. First, as others have said, it's stuff like this that got DJT elected. Second, if you're a progressive who REALLY cares about women's issues, isn't the freshmen vs. first-year discussion a useless and pointless distraction from real issues women face on college campuses such as rape?

and High school

http://www.foxnews.c...-illegally.html
http://www.cocorahs.org/ViewData/

My COCORAHS ID - NJ-MS-18

http://nycmetroweath...r/lab94/br1.jpg

Elevation 794
18-19 to date 20.1"
17-18 snowfall- 79.3"
15-16 snowfall - 34.2".........16-17 snowfall- 48.7"
13-14 snowfall - 65.6".........14-15 snowfall - 63.4"
11-12 snowfall - 22.8".........12-13 snowfall - 52.1
09-10 Snowfall- 75.30" .....10-11 snowfall - 62.00"