2017 Yankees Thread

87 replies to this topic

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 3,249 posts
Big win last night for the Yanks. Pitching has been superb, holding that Astros lineup to 5 runs in 3 games. Judge had a great night in the field, Sanchez continues to struggle behind the plate. At least 3 times last night I saw balls get by him for no reason. Two off the shin guard, one he just flat out missed. Luckily, there were no men on base. Girardi should think of starting Romine tonight and using Sanchez as DH. Sonny Gray is a low ball pitcher who likes to bounce the curveball for a swinging strike. If I'm Gray, with every pitch, I have to wonder if Sanchez will be able to block it. Not what you want your pitcher to be thinking about during a big game.

FreezingDrizzle

• Members
  • 8,098 posts
  • Perth_Amboy
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 17 October 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

Big win last night for the Yanks. Pitching has been superb, holding that Astros lineup to 5 runs in 3 games. Judge had a great night in the field, Sanchez continues to struggle behind the plate. At least 3 times last night I saw balls get by him for no reason. Two off the shin guard, one he just flat out missed. Luckily, there were no men on base. Girardi should think of starting Romine tonight and using Sanchez as DH. Sonny Gray is a low ball pitcher who likes to bounce the curveball for a swinging strike. If I'm Gray, with every pitch, I have to wonder if Sanchez will be able to block it. Not what you want your pitcher to be thinking about during a big game.

I agree. Sanchez needs a rest. Catchers get fatigued by this time of year. Posada would get tired by the playoffs and had mediocre batting numbers in the playoffs.
2016 - 2017 Frozen Precipitation Record

December 11 - 0.1 inches, from WAA, to rain
December 17 - 2.1 inches from WAA, to sleet, and rain

January 6 - 1.6 inches from weak coastal
January 7 - 6.1 inches from coastal wave (21 F during daytime snowfall)
January 14 - 0.8 inches from weak wave
January 31 - 0.3 inches from clipper
February 9 - 5.9 inches from coastal storm (rain, sleet, then heavy snowfall rates)
March 3 - 0.2 inches from squall within a clipper
March 10 - 3.7 inches from wave on front
March 14 - 7.1 inches snow-sleet-snow from coastal (less than predicted)
March 15 - 0.5 inches from squalls

Total for season - 28.4 inches

Low temperatures: December 16 - 16 F; January 8 - 12 F; January 9 - 8 F; January 10 - 12 F; March 5 - 14 F
High - January 12 - 67 F (records set in area); February 8 - 64 F (record of 62 in CPK); February 19 - 69 F (records set in area).
Warmest February on record for CPK.

FreezingDrizzle

• Members
  • 8,098 posts
  • Perth_Amboy
  • NJ
Posada post-season -

Note a drop-off in OPS as the post-season series progressed.

https://www.baseball...posadjo01.shtml
2016 - 2017 Frozen Precipitation Record

December 11 - 0.1 inches, from WAA, to rain
December 17 - 2.1 inches from WAA, to sleet, and rain

January 6 - 1.6 inches from weak coastal
January 7 - 6.1 inches from coastal wave (21 F during daytime snowfall)
January 14 - 0.8 inches from weak wave
January 31 - 0.3 inches from clipper
February 9 - 5.9 inches from coastal storm (rain, sleet, then heavy snowfall rates)
March 3 - 0.2 inches from squall within a clipper
March 10 - 3.7 inches from wave on front
March 14 - 7.1 inches snow-sleet-snow from coastal (less than predicted)
March 15 - 0.5 inches from squalls

Total for season - 28.4 inches

Low temperatures: December 16 - 16 F; January 8 - 12 F; January 9 - 8 F; January 10 - 12 F; March 5 - 14 F
High - January 12 - 67 F (records set in area); February 8 - 64 F (record of 62 in CPK); February 19 - 69 F (records set in area).
Warmest February on record for CPK.

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 3,249 posts
Houston, we have a problem.

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 4,681 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY
Didn’t realize they went back to the 2-3-2 format. Yankees have one more home game. With series tied at 2 the Yankees have a shot to repeat another upset series if they can win this game at home and take one on the road. I still expect the Astros to win this series.
Cornwall NY

satellite_eyes

• Moderators
  • 7,409 posts
Today is the game that decides the series imo. If Tanaka pitches like an ace that will be the difference. If he doesn't I feel like the Astros will take the series still. It is hard to believe we are even in this position though.
Lake Hopatcong, NJ (NW Morris County)
Elevation 1150' - Average Snow: 50"

Snow Stats (as of 3/31/15)
2014-2015 Winter - 67.0" Min Temp -6
2013-2014 Winter - 66.1" Min Temp -5
2012-2013 Winter - 53.4" Min Temp +1
2011-2012 Winter - 26.9" Min Temp +5
2010-2011 Winter - 62.3" Min Temp -6

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

View Postsatellite_eyes, on 18 October 2017 - 12:51 PM, said:

Today is the game that decides the series imo. If Tanaka pitches like an ace that will be the difference. If he doesn't I feel like the Astros will take the series still. It is hard to believe we are even in this position though.

I think they need to get Kuechel out of the game as quickly as possible. That bullpen is terrible and needs to be taken advantage of. However, I think NYY can win two on the road. I still think HOU will win, but how can you bet against the Yanks right now??!

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 9,312 posts
  • Hamburg, NJ
  • NJ
Great game last night.
Hamburg, NJ (Sussex County)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users