Giants 0-2... Time to move on from Eli Manning?

11 replies to this topic

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 4,788 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY
Giants have struggled heavily on offense the past two losses. But many are calling for Eli Manning's jersey to be benched. I actually blame the 1) offensive line 2) coach. From what I'm watching Eli Manning has done a good job for what he has being asked to work with. He has no protection and Odell Beckham Jr hasn't been 100%. Outside of him receivers haven't been consistently helping in terms of getting open and dropping passes. My biggest problem is Ben McAdoo. First he calls out the Cowboys secondary being weak for not being able to name players in their secondary. Not only do you lose that game but after you lose this week to Detroit but you throw Eli Manning under the bus. That's your QB. How about taking accountability on yourself? The run game was awful and other areas need work as well. Its not all on Eli.
Cornwall NY

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 3,359 posts
And you want them to start Geno Smith over Eli? Seriously?

Until they fix the offensive line, they will continue to stink. And then they need a running game. Fix those two and Eli will look fine.

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,014 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
cant run the ball
O line stinks

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 3,359 posts
O line is the problem, solve that and the team will be decent.

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,551 posts
On Sunday, for the first time in more than 13 years, the Giants will have a starting QB not named Eli Manning.

The Geno Smith era is upon us!

The coach and GM should have been fired the moment they brought this up to ownership.
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 4,788 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 28 November 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

On Sunday, for the first time in more than 13 years, the Giants will have a starting QB not named Eli Manning.

The coach and GM should have been fired the moment they brought this up to ownership.

As a Eagles fan I was very disgusted to hear that they decided to bench QB Eli Manning. They say they gave Eli Manning the option to sit or start but I don’t believe that to be the whole truth. I believe that HC Ben McAdoo should’ve been fired throughout the season and this was the tipping point. I do understand that at 2-9 you don’t have much wiggle room but this was certainly not it.
Cornwall NY

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,392 posts
  • Queens, NY

Mike_The_Golfer, on 28 November 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

Jerry Reese should be fired, period. When you have one coach fail, then it's the coach, maybe. But when you have two coaches fail (and the first failure being a guy who has two rings and will be in Canton one day), then it's the GM.

McAdoo should be fired, but not because/not only/not just because of the Eli Manning situation. He should be fired because he has lost this team.
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,551 posts
I think there is a possibility that if they get embarrassed in Oakland, the coach gets the axe Monday.

winterbird04

• Members
  • 1,528 posts
Geno stinks I think as much as I hate the Giants lol Eli does not deserve to go out this way. I really thought there would be alittle more loyalty to him and than that.
Look I know itís all about $$ but really .?? Giants organization stinks!!!!! And that McAdoo stinks he looks like he is a mafaya want a bee lol ... They need to make changes in management., coaches.
Giants stink for doing this. Little Eli looked like he was going to cry..
Go EAGLES, PHILLIES AND FLYERS

(Hackettstown NJ Warren co.)

satellite_eyes

• Moderators
  • 7,461 posts
My biggest concern now is the organization. I mean how do you let someone do this to a cornerstone of your franchise? They are set up well for the future because it's not often you bottom out to the point where you can clean house. Problem is i'm not sure I can trust the people making these now huge decisions. This whole thing has been handled so horribly it's embarrassing.
Lake Hopatcong, NJ (NW Morris County)
Elevation 1150' - Average Snow: 50"

Snow Stats (as of 3/31/15)
2014-2015 Winter - 67.0" Min Temp -6
2013-2014 Winter - 66.1" Min Temp -5
2012-2013 Winter - 53.4" Min Temp +1
2011-2012 Winter - 26.9" Min Temp +5
2010-2011 Winter - 62.3" Min Temp -6

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,551 posts
McAdoo-doo and Reese have been canned.

winterbird04

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 04 December 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

McAdoo-doo and Reese have been canned.

Thank God and Iím not even a giants fan. Thank god the Eagles did not want him.!!!🤪
Go EAGLES, PHILLIES AND FLYERS

(Hackettstown NJ Warren co.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users