metfan4life

• Members
  • 27,114 posts
We need to vote out Deblasio
Anthony

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,551 posts
He's a total buffoon. I wonder if all the the Manhattan liberal elites will be crying sexism if he wins and the female candidate loses. Of course, we know the answer to that. Democrats have clearly become the party of hypocrites.
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 3,359 posts
have not been following, is there a chance he loses?

Ive been following the NJ governor election, which gives two terrible choices. First is a guy who has promised 1) to have NJ become a sanctuary state and 2) raise everyone's taxes (he calls it a millionaire's tax, but everyone knows all taxes will be raised). He might be the first person to run for office and promise to break a law as part of his platform. Even for the corrupt state of NJ, that might be a first. On the other side, there is a woman who I frankly dont know what she stands for, other than she simply wants to win and she's not Chris Christie. Sounds like great choices.......(that's sarcasm)

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,014 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 06 November 2017 - 08:30 PM, said:

have not been following, is there a chance he loses?

Ive been following the NJ governor election, which gives two terrible choices. First is a guy who has promised 1) to have NJ become a sanctuary state and 2) raise everyone's taxes (he calls it a millionaire's tax, but everyone knows all taxes will be raised). He might be the first person to run for office and promise to break a law as part of his platform. Even for the corrupt state of NJ, that might be a first. On the other side, there is a woman who I frankly dont know what she stands for, other than she simply wants to win and she's not Chris Christie. Sounds like great choices.......(that's sarcasm)
Ill gladly take the latter then!!

metfan4life

• Members
  • 27,114 posts
Just voted

Nicole
Anthony

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,392 posts
  • Queens, NY

View Postmetfan4life, on 06 November 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

We need to vote out Deblasio

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 06 November 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

He's a total buffoon. I wonder if all the the Manhattan liberal elites will be crying sexism if he wins and the female candidate loses. Of course, we know the answer to that. Democrats have clearly become the party of hypocrites.

I personally have mixed feelings about de Blasio.

I think that Universal Pre-K is well-intentioned, but not executed well in many ways. Crime is down. The NYC Ferry service is a great addition as far as mass transit options are concerned. And I think the fact that NYC didn't erupt with tension post-Eric Garner death is underappreciated, as other cities which had incidents with police (Ferguson and Baltimore) absolutely erupted.

On the other hand, City Hall reeks of corruption. He has a lateness problem, which is meaningless policy-wise but makes for poor optics. There is a homelessness problem. There is an affordable housing problem. And there are major questions with what will happen with Rikers Island.

My problem with Malliotakis is this--even after all the campaigning, I don't know what she stands for on many issues. I know she stands against de Blasio, but I don't know what she stands for. Her position on homelessness is a big example--she is against what de Blasio is doing on homelessness, but even as of Election Day, I have no clue what she'll do with the homeless. Which is a problem because I like to think that I'm well-informed on local politics. Either I'm not as well-informed as I think I am or Nicole has struggled to formulate answers on many of the problems which plague NYC.
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

metfan4life

• Members
  • 27,114 posts
Everyone knows why I hate big bird

Hope he loses but he will not.
Anthony

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,392 posts
  • Queens, NY

View Postmetfan4life, on 07 November 2017 - 07:08 PM, said:

Everyone knows why I hate big bird

Hope he loses but he will not.

Yeah he's had a fractured relationship with the cops (I assume that's the reason?). It's funny how personal experiences can really shape our own personal politics sometimes. You and some other officers have had a really bad time with de Blasio and don't like him. On the other hand, my dad's union went without a contract for years, then a contract was settled and he's fairly content with de Blasio.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,014 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postthundersleet, on 07 November 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

Yeah he's had a fractured relationship with the cops (I assume that's the reason?). It's funny how personal experiences can really shape our own personal politics sometimes. You and some other officers have had a really bad time with de Blasio and don't like him. On the other hand, my dad's union went without a contract for years, then a contract was settled and he's fairly content with de Blasio.
Funny how money + politics = happy

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 9,414 posts
  • Hamburg, NJ
  • NJ
We had two garbage choices here in NJ. Looks like we will now have a sanctuary state.
Hamburg, NJ (Sussex County)

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,014 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postweathergeek87, on 08 November 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

We had two garbage choices here in NJ. Looks like we will now have a sanctuary state.
AND hes raising taxes...more than it is
will help the influx of illegals

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,551 posts

View Postthundersleet, on 07 November 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

I personally have mixed feelings about de Blasio.

I think that Universal Pre-K is well-intentioned, but not executed well in many ways. Crime is down. The NYC Ferry service is a great addition as far as mass transit options are concerned. And I think the fact that NYC didn't erupt with tension post-Eric Garner death is underappreciated, as other cities which had incidents with police (Ferguson and Baltimore) absolutely erupted.

On the other hand, City Hall reeks of corruption. He has a lateness problem, which is meaningless policy-wise but makes for poor optics. There is a homelessness problem. There is an affordable housing problem. And there are major questions with what will happen with Rikers Island.

My problem with Malliotakis is this--even after all the campaigning, I don't know what she stands for on many issues. I know she stands against de Blasio, but I don't know what she stands for. Her position on homelessness is a big example--she is against what de Blasio is doing on homelessness, but even as of Election Day, I have no clue what she'll do with the homeless. Which is a problem because I like to think that I'm well-informed on local politics. Either I'm not as well-informed as I think I am or Nicole has struggled to formulate answers on many of the problems which plague NYC.

Crime is not down nearly as much as most people think. first off, he and the city council (primarily, a bunch of race-baiting lowlifes), have de-criminalized a lot of offenses. There are two purposes of this. First, pandering to the section of the community who commits these crimes. Second, now you have less "crimes" being reported overall, so it looks like it is down even though it may not be. The other thing is in the schools. School safety officers, teachers, principals, are "encouraged" to not report incidents in schools (they get punished if they do report things). So the numbers are very much fudged.

Between the obvious corruption and the fact you can't go anywhere in the city without tripping over a homeless person every other step, it'd mind-boggling even in a liberal city as this that he won so easily. Shows how inexplicably loyal they are to the party of handouts - aka the Democrats.

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,014 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 08 November 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

Crime is not down nearly as much as most people think. first off, he and the city council (primarily, a bunch of race-baiting lowlifes), have de-criminalized a lot of offenses. There are two purposes of this. First, pandering to the section of the community who commits these crimes. Second, now you have less "crimes" being reported overall, so it looks like it is down even though it may not be. The other thing is in the schools. School safety officers, teachers, principals, are "encouraged" to not report incidents in schools (they get punished if they do report things). So the numbers are very much fudged.

Between the obvious corruption and the fact you can't go anywhere in the city without tripping over a homeless person every other step, it'd mind-boggling even in a liberal city as this that he won so easily. Shows how inexplicably loyal they are to the party of handouts - aka the Democrats.
from a favorite site
https://www.dnainfo....month-data-show

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 3,359 posts

Figures lie, liars figure.

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,392 posts
  • Queens, NY

Though the more serious offenses, like murders, are down. Whether what you say about minor offenses is true or not, I find your explanation for lower crime hard to believe even when things like murders are down.

I agree with you about his homelessness problem though. I ride the A Train to work and on many (if not most) days there are homeless people begging for money on the train.

But yet again, my problem with Nicole was that she often just pointed out that it was a problem without offering solutions.

Part of why I think de Blasio won was because his opposition was weak. Someone with a clear vision for the MTA and homelessness may've given him a run for his money or have even won. But I didn't really see that from Nicole Malliotakis, sad to say.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,014 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
where were the pink pussycat hats voting for a woman?
sigh
they had no problem voting for a woman whos husband rapes women and bestie in hollywood rapes a ton of ladies!

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,551 posts

View Postvascudave, on 09 November 2017 - 06:47 AM, said:

where were the pink pussycat hats voting for a woman?
sigh
they had no problem voting for a woman whos husband rapes women and bestie in hollywood rapes a ton of ladies!

Bigger question is with Weinstein, Affleck, and many more actors/directors/producers being accused of sexual harassment/assault pretty much every day, why aren't all these Hollywood women holding a rallies/marches now with their ridiculous hats? Just shows how phony these liberals are. It was clear then and it's more obvious now that those marches were nothing but anti-Trump rallies and had nothing to do with women's rights.

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,014 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 09 November 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Bigger question is with Weinstein, Affleck, and many more actors/directors/producers being accused of sexual harassment/assault pretty much every day, why aren't all these Hollywood women holding a rallies/marches now with their ridiculous hats? Just shows how phony these liberals are. It was clear then and it's more obvious now that those marches were nothing but anti-Trump rallies and had nothing to do with women's rights.
agree

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,392 posts
  • Queens, NY

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 09 November 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Really Mike? Have you been around for #MeToo? It's not a rally, but it is a rallying cry of sorts. And the movement got started by a woman...on Hollywood. Alyssa Milano.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,551 posts
Yeah, really. I don't think establishing a hash tag is a comparable response to wide spread accusations of actual sexual assaults versus large-scale rallies in multiple cities over a few words between guys on a bus ride.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users