Jump to content

2017 New York City Mayoral Election


32 replies to this topic

#21
carribeanpirate

  • Members
  • 3,359 posts
  • Gender:Male

View Postthundersleet, on 10 November 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:



Really Mike? Have you been around for #MeToo? It's not a rally, but it is a rallying cry of sorts. And the movement got started by a woman...on Hollywood. Alyssa Milano.

Where were these people when Bill Clinton was demonstrating how to be a predator while in the Oval Office. Where was the outrage then?

#22
thundersleet

  • Members
  • 7,392 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Queens, NY

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 10 November 2017 - 07:03 PM, said:

Where were these people when Bill Clinton was demonstrating how to be a predator while in the Oval Office. Where was the outrage then?

It was there. He was impeached.
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

#23
thundersleet

  • Members
  • 7,392 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Queens, NY

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 10 November 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

Yeah, really. I don't think establishing a hash tag is a comparable response to wide spread accusations of actual sexual assaults versus large-scale rallies in multiple cities over a few words between guys on a bus ride.

I agree that it's not comparable. Because it has been in many ways more effective than most traditional protests. Ever since then, even more stuff has come out and even more people who have been predators have been found as such.
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

#24
carribeanpirate

  • Members
  • 3,359 posts
  • Gender:Male

View Postthundersleet, on 10 November 2017 - 07:17 PM, said:

It was there. He was impeached.

If it was there he would have been forced out.

#25
carribeanpirate

  • Members
  • 3,359 posts
  • Gender:Male
Remember folks, all these Hollywood types now being accused of predatory behavior are the same folks that tell us how we should think, how we should act, and how we should treat everyone with respect. They act as the moral compass for the nation. And now we are beginning to get a peek under their covers.


And its not pretty.

Remember all of this the next time George Clooney chastises you for not giving money to the South Sudan. Or Brad Pitt tells you who to vote for. Their of them are liars and enablers.

#26
thundersleet

  • Members
  • 7,392 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Queens, NY

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 11 November 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

If it was there he would have been forced out.

Just like Trump would've been forced out too. I guess letting enablers keep their positions (in the political realm, at least) is truly bipartisan.
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

#27
thundersleet

  • Members
  • 7,392 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Queens, NY

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 11 November 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

Remember folks, all these Hollywood types now being accused of predatory behavior are the same folks that tell us how we should think, how we should act, and how we should treat everyone with respect. They act as the moral compass for the nation. And now we are beginning to get a peek under their covers.


And its not pretty.

Remember all of this the next time George Clooney chastises you for not giving money to the South Sudan. Or Brad Pitt tells you who to vote for. Their of them are liars and enablers.

This is another thing that's truly bipartisan. You could say the same thing about Roy Moore in Alabama, Congressman Tim Murphy in Pennsylvania, or former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford.

Now I don't think all hypocrites are Republicans or that all Republicans are hypocrites, but what I am saying is that you can find plenty of hypocrites in both major political parties (whether it be the likes of Harvey Weinstein and Democrats or the likes of Tim Murphy and Republicans).
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

#28
nyrangers1022

  • Members
  • 1,395 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:cornwall on hudson, NY (orange county )
I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means. But heard a weird story about Chester Bennington (lead singer of Linkin Park) and lead singer of Soundgarden (forgot his name)...

Apparently the lead singer from SoundGarden was going to expose the Hollywood elitist about their sexual misconduct and pedophilia. Then apparently he committed "suicide". Him and Chester Bennington were best friends, and apparently he was going to carry the torch. But miraculously, he committed "suicide".

Not saying any of this is any true, but kind of coincidental of all the stuff coming out now. For the record I heard of these rumors right after Chester Bennington died, well before these famous allegations that are coming out now

#29
vascudave

  • Members
  • 7,014 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Raritan
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
hypocrisy
https://www.theatlan...-crimes/545729/

#30
robbbs

  • Administrator
  • 16,168 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Milford, NJ

View Postvascudave, on 14 November 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:


As the Clintons finally fade from power, people are increasingly no longer fearful of taking them on and revealing their crimes, corruption, and abuse. They're finished, on multiple levels.
rockburnweather.com
West Milford NJ

#31
gpsnavigator

  • Members
  • 1,415 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Morris County, NJ

View Postvascudave, on 14 November 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

I was tempted to start a thread on sexual assault allegations, but didn't think that could go anywhere good, especially for those of us born with a pee pee. But if someone is feeling brave as we await the first winter storm, and wants to stir the pot, I leave it to them.

Its painfully obvious that too many men, for too many years have behaved less than stellar around women. But that doesn't mean that every man accused is a sex predator. There are some very serious allegations out there (see Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein). There are others that leave some room for interpretation and aren't nearly as serious (see George Takei, Richard Dryefuss, Bush 41). But everyone seems to be getting lumped into the sex predator label. Privately, I'm not ready to brand Bill Clinton as a sex predator. My bias being that I don't actually share the disdain for the Clintons that most others on the board do, his relationship with Monica was immoral but consentual, and the rape allegations are decades old and have inconsistencies in their stories for those who care to read all sides.

BUT, and here's the BUT. If we are really heading down the road of re-litigating every 20, 30 and 40 year old allegation of misconduct, from the more serious crimes to the inappropriate, but not criminal, then yeah, Bill Clinton is a sex predator, Hillary is an enabler, and I guess it's a good thing she lost.

I knew I shouldn't have gotten started on this one. :)
-GPSNav
Home: Rockaway, NJ - Morris County -- Elevation 745 feet
Work: Newton, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 570 feet
Interests: weather, hiking, kayaking, math, science, current events, classic cars, and craft beer

#32
vascudave

  • Members
  • 7,014 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Raritan
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postgpsnavigator, on 14 November 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:


I was tempted to start a thread on sexual assault allegations, but didn't think that could go anywhere good, especially for those of us born with a pee pee. But if someone is feeling brave as we await the first winter storm, and wants to stir the pot, I leave it to them.

Its painfully obvious that too many men, for too many years have behaved less than stellar around women. But that doesn't mean that every man accused is a sex predator. There are some very serious allegations out there (see Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein). There are others that leave some room for interpretation and aren't nearly as serious (see George Takei, Richard Dryefuss, Bush 41). But everyone seems to be getting lumped into the sex predator label. Privately, I'm not ready to brand Bill Clinton as a sex predator. My bias being that I don't actually share the disdain for the Clintons that most others on the board do, his relationship with Monica was immoral but consentual, and the rape allegations are decades old and have inconsistencies in their stories for those who care to read all sides.

BUT, and here's the BUT. If we are really heading down the road of re-litigating every 20, 30 and 40 year old allegation of misconduct, from the more serious crimes to the inappropriate, but not criminal, then yeah, Bill Clinton is a sex predator, Hillary is an enabler, and I guess it's a good thing she lost.

I knew I shouldn't have gotten started on this one. :)/>
sure is a slippery slope.
I have no problem exploring this and getting rid of slime from the public sector that abused women. my main issue is the discrepancy between the actions/inactions of those against, for example, "trumps words". the anger and vitriol against his bus talk was, well, maybe consistent with the garbage talk. That said, we now have many accusations out there and we have silence from those that were harmed by secretly recorded verbiage. where in the heck is the outrage? its like crying wolf to me in a way.
as for slick willy, even if it was consensual with monika, he at minimum used his power to coerce her. at her age at that time in her life bill knew he could take advantage of her. to me that's just as bad as rape. perhaps its more of a psychological rape over a forced rape. JMO.
Im sure out of those stories bill sure did at minimum scar women.
seems JFK did the same with his abuse of power.
im sure many more did.

#33
vascudave

  • Members
  • 7,014 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Raritan
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postrobbbs, on 14 November 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:



As the Clintons finally fade from power, people are increasingly no longer fearful of taking them on and revealing their crimes, corruption, and abuse. They're finished, on multiple levels.
music to my ears





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users