2018 NBA Playoffs

28 replies to this topic

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,022 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY
Not sure if anyone on here follows the NBA but a couple of interesting storylines so far. I believe the Sixers have a young incredible squad and if healthy can compete with anyone in the East. Toronto looks like they can make a run through the East. Cleveland looks vulnerable but when you have LeBron on your team anything is possible. On the West side thereís two dominant teams in the Rockets/Warriors (Whom I believe will meet in the Conference Finals) and the other teams who are making it interesting. If you ask me though if the Warriors canít get healthy I believe the Rockets will win the NBA title.
Cornwall NY

satellite_eyes

• Moderators
  • 7,670 posts
Yes Iíve been following and I agree
Lake Hopatcong, NJ (NW Morris County)
Elevation 1150' - Average Snow: 50"

Snow Stats (as of 3/31/15)
2014-2015 Winter - 67.0" Min Temp -6
2013-2014 Winter - 66.1" Min Temp -5
2012-2013 Winter - 53.4" Min Temp +1
2011-2012 Winter - 26.9" Min Temp +5
2010-2011 Winter - 62.3" Min Temp -6

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,565 posts
  • Queens, NY
The East looks really interesting. I think Cleveland was viewed as the favorite there, but even they look pretty vulnerable. If I had to predict a team to come out of the East, I'd go with the 76ers actually because they seem to be hot overall at the right time.
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,022 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY

View Postthundersleet, on 21 April 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

The East looks really interesting. I think Cleveland was viewed as the favorite there, but even they look pretty vulnerable. If I had to predict a team to come out of the East, I'd go with the 76ers actually because they seem to be hot overall at the right time.

Many has Cleveland as the favorite but only because of the shear fact of LeBron’s impact. I never believed all season that CLE was the best team in the East. I think the Toronto Raptors are the favorite but if I had to pick a team to come out the East I’m going with the Sixers. They present the most nightmare matchups in the Eastern Conference. I love the combination of Ben Simmons & Joel Embiid with the shooting of JJ Redick & Marco Bellineli. Great young team.
Cornwall NY

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
Cleveland will lose. LeBron will pout and cry, then will leave town...again

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,022 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY
Golden State looks like no joke. The hot Pelicans game into GS shot the ball really well and limited turnovers yet GS still blew them out by almost 30 pts. And this was without Steph Curry the entire postseason thus far. My goodness. It’s looking like a lock Houston/Golden State Western Conference Finals matchup.
Cornwall NY

satellite_eyes

• Moderators
  • 7,670 posts
Yeh they look just as good without Steph. Crazy. Hopefully the Rockets will be a tough matchup. Philly is on the way up but they are not quite ready yet. Raptors should beat the C's considering how injured they are (assuming they can get past Cleve which I think they should).

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,022 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY

View Postsatellite_eyes, on 01 May 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

Yeh they look just as good without Steph. Crazy. Hopefully the Rockets will be a tough matchup. Philly is on the way up but they are not quite ready yet. Raptors should beat the C's considering how injured they are (assuming they can get past Cleve which I think they should).

I’ve been disappointed with what I’m seeing from the Sixers smh. I expected at least a trip to the Eastern Conference Finals this year. I forget too this is the first year all these young stars are playing together and they probably are gonna need time. It’s not over for Philly but I didn’t expect Boston to be up 2-0 so quickly even with home court advantage.
Cornwall NY

satellite_eyes

• Moderators
  • 7,670 posts
GS looks like the best team. I thought the Celtics were playing the Raptors in the 2nd round. My mistake. Not surprised the Celtics are beating the Sixers for the same reason i mentioned. Lebron is amazing. Cleve Bost will be a great series. Gotta give Bost credit. They have good young developing players and are very well coached.

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,022 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY
It’s looking like a Warriors/Cavs rematch yet again in the Finals. I would expect the Warriors to sweep the Cavs in 4 in the Finals. With Kevin Durant winning back to back Finals MVP.
Cornwall NY

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
2nd round looked like a dud. 1 series done in 4. Other 3 done in 5

satellite_eyes

• Moderators
  • 7,670 posts
Yeh It has been. Although if Philly can win on the road tonight then that series gets interesting. Otherwise let's assume Cavs-Celtics and Rockets-Warriors. Both have the potential to be classics.

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,022 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY

View Postsatellite_eyes, on 09 May 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

Yeh It has been. Although if Philly can win on the road tonight then that series gets interesting. Otherwise let's assume Cavs-Celtics and Rockets-Warriors. Both have the potential to be classics.

I’m really intrigued for the Rockets/Warriors. That has the potential to be the best series of the entire playoffs including the Finals.
Cornwall NY

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,577 posts
Don't get why now they are waiting for Sunday to start the 3rd round. How many days off do these prima donnas need?

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,022 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY

View Postnyrangers1022, on 11 May 2018 - 05:16 AM, said:

Don't get why now they are waiting for Sunday to start the 3rd round. How many days off do these prima donnas need?

It’s not that they need the extra days off. The NBA sets the playoff schedule prior to the playoffs and the schedule is always made to accommodate any series that extend to a 7-game series. They can’t change it once the playoffs begin. Since the 2nd round was very lopsided in many cases all 4 teams finished their series early and just had to wait for Conference Finals schedule to begin.
Cornwall NY

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,022 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY
Maybe an aberration game but the Celtics destroyed the Cavs by 30 pts in Game 1. Wow. Also held LeBron to 15 pts and 7 Turnovers. I don’t expect games like to continue but definitely was surprised the Celtics won by so much.
Cornwall NY

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,022 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY
Celtics are up 2-0 on the Cavs. Outside of LeBron putting up damn never seen before stat lines the rest of the Cavs team looks like a no-show. Maybe they wake up with the series hearing back to Cleveland but they are definitely in trouble. As for the Rockets/Warriors series. This so far looks like this could potentially be the “real” NBA Finals. Both teams have sorching offenses that can put up points in bunches. I could see the series going 6 or 7 games going back and forth. Does Houston have a chance? Absolutely. But I still leans towards Golden State until I see something otherwise. On a side note James Harden is my MVP this season. He’s been on a tear.
Cornwall NY

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,022 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY
Rockets went up 3-2 on the Warriors last night. Wow. I knew the Rockets could give GS a run this year but to push them to the brink is impressive. No CP3 for Game 6 for Houston which is a big blow. Draymond Green guaranteed a Game 7. This series has been very interesting as well. Tonight is also do-or-die for Cleveland. Boston leads 3-2. I feel like Boston almost has to win this game or else they will get bounced in Game 7. You don’t want LeBron in a Game 7. Just when we thought these playoffs were one sided it got very interesting very fast.
Cornwall NY

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,022 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY
Last night was Game 1 of the NBA Finals between the Cavs/Warriors and I thought I seen it all. 2 things. LeBron in my opinion is the greatest basketball athlete the sport has ever seen. 2nd what the hell was JR Smith thinking at the end of regulation? Cost the Cavs a win at the end of the 4th quarter. I’m with the idea that the Warriors sweep the Cavs, at most it will end in 5 games.
Cornwall NY

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,577 posts

View PostOrangeCountyWeather06, on 01 June 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

Last night was Game 1 of the NBA Finals between the Cavs/Warriors and I thought I seen it all. 2 things. LeBron in my opinion is the greatest basketball athlete the sport has ever seen. 2nd what the hell was JR Smith thinking at the end of regulation? Cost the Cavs a win at the end of the 4th quarter. Iím with the idea that the Warriors sweep the Cavs, at most it will end in 5 games.

JR Smith did that because it's rigged. I honestly believe Vegas has to be in the NBA and NFL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users