2018 NFL Season

7 replies to this topic

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,017 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY
Surprised nobody brought up how the NFL season is back. Interesting storylines for both NY teams. Jets start their chapter with rookie QB Sam Darnold (Whom I believe has tremendous potential to be great). The NY Giants have a rookie sensation RB Saquon Barkley to pair with QB Eli Manning and WR Odell Beckham Jr is returning after a major injury early last season. As for the NFC side I believe itís the most loaded Iíve ever seen. Thereís literally 6 NFC Teams I wouldnít be surprised if they made the Super Bowl. Rams, Eagles, Falcons, Vikings, Packers and Saints. Iím still rolling with my Eagles at the top of the NFC. But the Rams and Falcons definitely make me nervous as a threat to dethrone the defending champs.
Cornwall NY

satellite_eyes

• Moderators
  • 7,660 posts
It's like Christmas morning to me. Between that and fantasy football I love it. Just wish all the nonsense controversy would go away.
Lake Hopatcong, NJ (NW Morris County)
Elevation 1150' - Average Snow: 50"

Snow Stats (as of 3/31/15)
2014-2015 Winter - 67.0" Min Temp -6
2013-2014 Winter - 66.1" Min Temp -5
2012-2013 Winter - 53.4" Min Temp +1
2011-2012 Winter - 26.9" Min Temp +5
2010-2011 Winter - 62.3" Min Temp -6

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,671 posts
I'll of course pay attention to the game tonight...but there's nothing like Sundays at 1pm during football season. I'm hoping for a big-time bounce back season for the Giants.
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

winterbird04

• Members
  • 1,807 posts
E A G L E S baby !!!!!!👍👍👍👍👍👍Iíll take it 1-0
Go EAGLES, PHILLIES AND FLYERS

(Hackettstown NJ Warren co.)

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,017 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY
Giants fans should feel good even though they lost to a good Jaguars team. Odell is back, Saquon looks like a gem, Evan Engram has a potential at TE with a good defense. I believe the Giants finish 11-5/10-6 & contend for a playoff spot. Especially if they get their LT problems fixed. The OL line has to hold up (Ereck Flowers is a free gap to the QB). Eli Manning has the setup to have a good year. The Eagles, Redskins and Giants are all teams in the NFC East I could see finishing 10-6 or better. Honestly everyone talks about the Redskins being the “baby brother” of the NFC East. But Alex Smith is a low turnover QB and effective with a rejuvenated Adrian Peterson And young defense. I can see them sneaky up on teams in the NFC.
Cornwall NY

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,570 posts
Saqoun looked like a gem? He had one great run due to poor tackling. Every other run was a 2 yard average. Eli had very little time to throw, and when he did, no receivers were open

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,017 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY

View Postnyrangers1022, on 10 September 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

Saqoun looked like a gem? He had one great run due to poor tackling. Every other run was a 2 yard average. Eli had very little time to throw, and when he did, no receivers were open

He still had 106 yards rushing with a TD. You have to remember the Jaguars have a elite defense too they don’t allow teams to move the ball with any consistency. They were in the AFC Championship Game for a reason going toe-to-toe with the Patriots. Honestly many will disagree with me but Jacksonville had NE’s number 80% of that game. Back to the main story, the Giants looked improved.
Cornwall NY

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,570 posts

View PostOrangeCountyWeather06, on 10 September 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

He still had 106 yards rushing with a TD. You have to remember the Jaguars have a elite defense too they donít allow teams to move the ball with any consistency. They were in the AFC Championship Game for a reason going toe-to-toe with the Patriots. Honestly many will disagree with me but Jacksonville had NEís number 80% of that game. Back to the main story, the Giants looked improved.

Improved? Well yea you can't get any worse then last season. Almost every drive stalling for a punt or FG. Last drive of first half they were gifted two long first downs from pass interferences. Yet they only got a FG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users