Jump to content

Apologies for Not Being on Here Recently...


8 replies to this topic

#1
thundersleet

  • Members
  • 7,575 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Queens, NY
Hi everyone!

As many of you know, I used to post on here quite regularly. Many of you might also notice that I've spent a lot of time absent from here recently. As such, I felt it was important for me to post my apologies for that, and also explain what's gone on.

Simply put, what's happened is life. Professionally, I have more responsibility than I used to have. I also have increased personal and family responsibilities as well. Finally, a lot of family stuff is going on--my dad's father is in hospice for cancer while my dad's mother has Alzheimer's. When adding these things up, maybe you all can see why I really haven't been on here much.

Because of all these things going on, I may yet be irregular on here. I might post some on Florence and on other topics, but no guarantees. Regardless, just know that if I disappear for a long period of time again, it has nothing to do with you all! To the contrary, it probably has to do with stuff going on with me and my family!

I hope you all are doing well. :)
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

#2
robbbs

  • Administrator
  • 16,431 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Milford, NJ

View Postthundersleet, on 09 September 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

Hi everyone!

As many of you know, I used to post on here quite regularly. Many of you might also notice that I've spent a lot of time absent from here recently. As such, I felt it was important for me to post my apologies for that, and also explain what's gone on.

Simply put, what's happened is life. Professionally, I have more responsibility than I used to have. I also have increased personal and family responsibilities as well. Finally, a lot of family stuff is going on--my dad's father is in hospice for cancer while my dad's mother has Alzheimer's. When adding these things up, maybe you all can see why I really haven't been on here much.

Because of all these things going on, I may yet be irregular on here. I might post some on Florence and on other topics, but no guarantees. Regardless, just know that if I disappear for a long period of time again, it has nothing to do with you all! To the contrary, it probably has to do with stuff going on with me and my family!

I hope you all are doing well. :)

TS - Life throws a lot at us sometimes. Thanks for checking in and I hope all goes as well as possible.
rockburnweather.com
West Milford NJ

#3
thundersleet

  • Members
  • 7,575 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Queens, NY

View Postrobbbs, on 09 September 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:



TS - Life throws a lot at us sometimes. Thanks for checking in and I hope all goes as well as possible.

Yeah that's definitely the case with me. I'm still very closely tracking Florence though...my mom's parents live in Chapel Hill, NC so the inland flooding element of this is something I'm keeping an eye on.
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

#4
carribeanpirate

  • Members
  • 3,795 posts
  • Gender:Male
Alzheimers is awful. My step mother died at 60 years of age from Early Onset, diagnosed when she was 48 years old. Now my father in law is in the final stages of the disease (he's 85). I am a staunch supporter and fundraiser for the Alzheimers Association. Its mindboggling that we have a disease in the Top 5 causes of death in the US that gets less than 10% of the funding that cancer and heart disease gets. Its the only disease in the top 5 that has no effective treatment or cure. Disgusting.

I urge everyone to donate what they can to Alzheimers research. If you have experienced it, you know what I mean. If you have not, be thankful and join the fight so you will never have to experience it.

#5
thundersleet

  • Members
  • 7,575 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Queens, NY

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 10 September 2018 - 10:22 AM, said:

Alzheimers is awful. My step mother died at 60 years of age from Early Onset, diagnosed when she was 48 years old. Now my father in law is in the final stages of the disease (he's 85). I am a staunch supporter and fundraiser for the Alzheimers Association. Its mindboggling that we have a disease in the Top 5 causes of death in the US that gets less than 10% of the funding that cancer and heart disease gets. Its the only disease in the top 5 that has no effective treatment or cure. Disgusting.

I urge everyone to donate what they can to Alzheimers research. If you have experienced it, you know what I mean. If you have not, be thankful and join the fight so you will never have to experience it.

You're right...Alzheimer's is awful, and we don't put enough resources into Alzheimer's research. The Alzheimer's Association has been great through all of this for my family...they have been a great resource whenever my family needed that extra resource. I definitely recommend donating to them. Finally, thank you so much for your support of the organization...this is hard, but it would be even harder without them.
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

#6
metfan4life

  • Members
  • 28,287 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn,NY

View Postthundersleet, on 09 September 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

Hi everyone!

As many of you know, I used to post on here quite regularly. Many of you might also notice that I've spent a lot of time absent from here recently. As such, I felt it was important for me to post my apologies for that, and also explain what's gone on.

Simply put, what's happened is life. Professionally, I have more responsibility than I used to have. I also have increased personal and family responsibilities as well. Finally, a lot of family stuff is going on--my dad's father is in hospice for cancer while my dad's mother has Alzheimer's. When adding these things up, maybe you all can see why I really haven't been on here much.

Because of all these things going on, I may yet be irregular on here. I might post some on Florence and on other topics, but no guarantees. Regardless, just know that if I disappear for a long period of time again, it has nothing to do with you all! To the contrary, it probably has to do with stuff going on with me and my family!

I hope you all are doing well. :)

You don't need to apologize at all

Just do what you have to do :hug:
Anthony

#7
thundersleet

  • Members
  • 7,575 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Queens, NY

View Postmetfan4life, on 13 September 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

You don't need to apologize at all

Just do what you have to do :hug:

Thanks Ant. :)
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

#8
thundersleet

  • Members
  • 7,575 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Queens, NY
My grandpa passed away Tuesday. We will miss him. :(
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

#9
carribeanpirate

  • Members
  • 3,795 posts
  • Gender:Male

View Postthundersleet, on 28 September 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

My grandpa passed away Tuesday. We will miss him. :(

Sorry for your loss.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users