Local/State Politics in NY/NJ/CT

37 replies to this topic

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,716 posts

View Postwishcast_hater, on 19 October 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

I havent seen one commercial for Molinaro but everyone has signs on their lawns up here supporting him. I hope this Kavanaugh disaster fires up the conservatives and Cuomo gets his walking papers. He is such SCUM. What I would give to see him get sucker punched at the polls like Trump did to Hillary.

Or like Pataki did to his father (who was up 20% or more in polls). Unfortunately though, I can't see it happening today. I have yet to see one commercial for Molinaro either. I suppose they aren't going to bother here downstate (meaning: NYC) where like i said earlier, most of the population just vote democrat like lemmings.
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,575 posts
  • Queens, NY

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 19 October 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

Or like Pataki did to his father (who was up 20% or more in polls). Unfortunately though, I can't see it happening today. I have yet to see one commercial for Molinaro either. I suppose they aren't going to bother here downstate (meaning: NYC) where like i said earlier, most of the population just vote democrat like lemmings.

Molinaro just hasn't attracted enough funding to run a competitive race against Cuomo. Cuomo has tens of millions in the bank while Molinaro only has a few hundred thousand. That's not enough money to run that many ads and be competitive, even though his ideology (very similar to Pataki in many ways) I think is moderate enough to win statewide. Keith Wofford (who is running for Attorney General) seems to have better funding. I will be interested to see how Wofford does.
Carlisle, PA is about 20 miles west-southwest of Harrisburg

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,343 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postthundersleet, on 20 October 2018 - 04:45 PM, said:

Molinaro just hasn't attracted enough funding to run a competitive race against Cuomo. Cuomo has tens of millions in the bank while Molinaro only has a few hundred thousand. That's not enough money to run that many ads and be competitive, even though his ideology (very similar to Pataki in many ways) I think is moderate enough to win statewide. Keith Wofford (who is running for Attorney General) seems to have better funding. I will be interested to see how Wofford does.
DONT YOU THInk its sad that only millionaires can run for office?

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 3,913 posts
The Star Ledger gave their endorsement to Menendez, which isnt a surprise. But their reason was boiled down to something simple.....he isnt Trump. That's it. They acknowledge he accepted gifts, luxury vacations, etc. and are ignoring it. They acknowledge he is slippery, even by NJ standards. They acknowledge he is dirty, but are telling people to vote for him.

If you need more reason to think the media is not 99% of our problem, here is one more example. They pile up faster than the crap contained in them.

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,679 posts
Long shot. But I hope I wake up tommorow with a new governor

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 3,913 posts
For the life of me, how does NJ re-elect Menendez? I've joked for years that if you are a Democratic Senator from NJ, you are a Senator for life. I do not think its a just a joke anymore.

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,343 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 07 November 2018 - 07:27 AM, said:

For the life of me, how does NJ re-elect Menendez? I've joked for years that if you are a Democratic Senator from NJ, you are a Senator for life. I do not think its a just a joke anymore.
OR NY

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,716 posts

So lefties had so much of a problem with Kavanaugh, yet had no problem electing Menendez, Ellison, and a couple others with allegations against them a million times more credible than the ones against Kavanaugh. Typical liberal hypocrisy.

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,141 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

It's disgusting. Typical New Jersey
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,343 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
tha

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 07 November 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

So lefties had so much of a problem with Kavanaugh, yet had no problem electing Menendez, Ellison, and a couple others with allegations against them a million times more credible than the ones against Kavanaugh. Typical liberal hypocrisy.

View Postweathergeek87, on 07 November 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

It's disgusting. Typical New Jersey
they have so much hate for trump their disease is blinding.

I laugh at the "hate has no home here" signs. knowing they absolutely hate

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,679 posts
It's a joke how the big cities of new York vote blindly Democrat all the way. Outside of NYC, only 7 counties are blue in governor election. Perfect example why the electoral college exists for voting a president in

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,575 posts
  • Queens, NY

View Postnyrangers1022, on 07 November 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

It's a joke how the big cities of new York vote blindly Democrat all the way. Outside of NYC, only 7 counties are blue in governor election. Perfect example why the electoral college exists for voting a president in

And there are probably Democrats somewhere thinking that it's insane that rural areas fo Republican all the way. 😁

What's actually insane is the tribalism. I consider myself pretty leftist but things have become so tribal that many (Most?) Dems would be horrified to hear my fusion ticket of Dems, Republicans, Green, and Working Families.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

thundersleet

• Members
  • 7,575 posts
  • Queens, NY
While we are debating whether a blue wave happened, one thing that did turn really blue was the NY State Senate. Democrats picked up 5 seats already to take the majority and are poised to maybe get 3 more. Even the most partisan of Dems I know in NY expected to pick up maybe 3 seats.

J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!
Let's go Mets!

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,679 posts

View Postthundersleet, on 07 November 2018 - 09:44 PM, said:

And there are probably Democrats somewhere thinking that it's insane that rural areas fo Republican all the way. 😁

What's actually insane is the tribalism. I consider myself pretty leftist but things have become so tribal that many (Most?) Dems would be horrified to hear my fusion ticket of Dems, Republicans, Green, and Working Families.

I'm sure some think that way. But it's funny how one big city can basically make the calls for the entire state

satellite_eyes

• Moderators
  • 7,767 posts
It is crazy how like 90% of the country (area-wise) is Repub. Doesn't really seem right that the cities should have so much influence. But I agree anyone who is just blindly Rep. or Dem. just doesn't seem right.
Lake Hopatcong, NJ (NW Morris County)
Elevation 1150' - Average Snow: 50"

Snow Stats (as of 3/31/15)
2014-2015 Winter - 67.0" Min Temp -6
2013-2014 Winter - 66.1" Min Temp -5
2012-2013 Winter - 53.4" Min Temp +1
2011-2012 Winter - 26.9" Min Temp +5
2010-2011 Winter - 62.3" Min Temp -6

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,716 posts

View Postsatellite_eyes, on 08 November 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

It is crazy how like 90% of the country (area-wise) is Repub. Doesn't really seem right that the cities should have so much influence. But I agree anyone who is just blindly Rep. or Dem. just doesn't seem right.

Problem is most candidates are far left or far right., however, I'm willing to bet that probably most people are somewhat centrist and just lean left or right of center (although it does seem like more and more people who are left of center are going further and further to the extreme left). Too often, I think any potential candidate who is moderate and close to the center, can't get backing from their party and the party instead backs the more extreme candidate.

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,679 posts
I approve freedom of speech (even if it offends snowflakes), abortions, gun rights, gay marriage and legal marijuana. Obviously not left or right

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,343 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postnyrangers1022, on 08 November 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

I approve freedom of speech (even if it offends snowflakes), abortions, gun rights, gay marriage and legal marijuana. Obviously not left or right
free speech Y
abortions Y (up to 3 then hysterectomy)
gay marriage Y (everyone deserves to be miserable :)/>)
gun rights Y (no problem making obtaining tougher)
legal drugs was a medical Y (rec- not sure now its in the best interest of progressing us as a nation)
Borders- Y keep them closed. legal immigration only
religion Y (BUT id start taxing any religious houses of worship)

just on these alone....whos my candidate?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users