2018-19 NBA Season

2 replies to this topic

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,172 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY
The NBA season kicked off last night for anyone on here that follows. Everyone knows LeBron being in LA is a huge shift of power to the West and leaves the East wide open this year. Celtics have a loaded roster with young talent. Also, the Sixers with Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons and Markelle Fultz developing are a good threat. The Knicks are rebuilding and are trying to acquire young pieces. Kristaps Porzingis the Knicks main guy is still recovering from ACL injury that happened last year. But I like the new GM move by acquiring Scott Perry. Heís a smart guy that knows how to make trades. David Fizadale isnít the greatest tatician but demands hustle and grit from his guys.
Cornwall NY

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,172 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY
Jimmy Butler was traded to the 76ers. Pairing him with Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid (Who’s playing like a legit MVP candidate) and they still keep their No. 1 overall pick in Markelle Fultz. This trade puts the Sixers in contention of coming out of the East. Celtics, Raptors, Bucks and now Sixers are going to dog fight it out in the East. Love it!
Cornwall NY

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,172 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY
The NBA is shaping up to be very interesting as the season winds on. Especially the East. The Bucks, Celtics, Raptors and Sixers are all teams when you just glance at their rosters you’d think they have a good shot at the NBA title. Honestly even with their fatigue of chasing a three-peat and minor chemistry issues I still don’t see anyone beating the Warriors. I know the Nuggets are right on the Warriors tail but they are still a year or two away from truly competing. The Rockets and Spurs have been hot lately but I don’t believe either have enough to push GS. OKC has been great this year too but outside of Paul George and Russell Westbrook not enough offensively. I actually went to a Sixer game last Sunday vs the Pacers and the more I watch this team the more I think they have the best shot at the Finals. If you look at each Eastern Conference team the Sixers have the best starting 5. And if you match them up with every team in the East the other team may have the best player but Sixers have the next 3 best players (Maybe even 4) in any matchup. Should be interesting to see how the season winds up. Crazy to think this will be the first time since his rookie year we won’t see LeBron in the playoffs at all.
Cornwall NY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users