Bryce Harper to Mets?

7 replies to this topic

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,047 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY
Apparently pending FA Bryce Harper purchased a condo in Long Island where 4 current Met players live. Of course itís just speculation but will be interesting to watch.
Cornwall NY

robbbs

• Administrator
  • 16,431 posts

View PostOrangeCountyWeather06, on 02 November 2018 - 09:59 PM, said:

Apparently pending FA Bryce Harper purchased a condo in Long Island where 4 current Met players live. Of course it's just speculation but will be interesting to watch.

It would be pretty silly for Harper to telegraph a preference, if true, and possibly affect his negotiating leverage. Doubt there's any telling sign here (also, just a short drive beyond Citi Field to the Bronx. lol).
rockburnweather.com
West Milford NJ

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,047 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY
Bryce Harper turned down a 10-yr/$300 million contract with the Nats the day before the season ended.

http://www.espn.com/...300m-offer-nats

It seems as if that’s no where near his asking price and he intends to drag this out as long as possible. If I had to take a guess I’d think he sign with the Phillies.
Cornwall NY

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,700 posts
I see 3 possibilities: Yankees, Phillies, Cubs
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,047 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 07 November 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

I see 3 possibilities: Yankees, Phillies, Cubs

The Yankees already said they were not offering any deals and sticking with Stanton/Judge and have Estevan Floral coming up as a prospect.
Cornwall NY

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

OrangeCountyWeather06, on 07 November 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

The Yankees already said they were not offering any deals and sticking with Stanton/Judge and have Estevan Floral coming up as a prospect.

I don't think they need another .230 hitter with 200k 😂😂😂

satellite_eyes

• Moderators
  • 7,691 posts
Cardinals seem to be a good possibility. I would probably pass on him though i'd rather have him than Stanton. Hoping the Yanks can unload Stanton on the Dodgers.
Lake Hopatcong, NJ (NW Morris County)
Elevation 1150' - Average Snow: 50"

Snow Stats (as of 3/31/15)
2014-2015 Winter - 67.0" Min Temp -6
2013-2014 Winter - 66.1" Min Temp -5
2012-2013 Winter - 53.4" Min Temp +1
2011-2012 Winter - 26.9" Min Temp +5
2010-2011 Winter - 62.3" Min Temp -6

OrangeCountyWeather06

• Members
  • 5,047 posts
  • Cornwall
  • NY

View Postsatellite_eyes, on 08 November 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

Cardinals seem to be a good possibility. I would probably pass on him though i'd rather have him than Stanton. Hoping the Yanks can unload Stanton on the Dodgers.

I heard that Cardinals also are not trying to have that type of contract on their hands. I believe he will ultimately sign with the Phillies with the Cubs a distant 2nd. The Nationals offered him that $300 million deal right before the season ended knowing he would turn it down. It looks big but that’s still lower AAV than Miguel Cabrera and Giancarlo Stanton. So why accept that when you have a chance to hit FA market? Many teams are pausing on Harper because even though he’s 26 and still have loads of superstardom. He hits a low avg and goes on pretty long cold streaks. His OBP is pretty high for someone who strikes out a lot. I know in today’s market in sports you essentially HAVE to overpay for your stars but I just don’t feel comfortable if I was a team inking $350-$425 million on just one player. Something about that just rubs me the wrong way. Period.
Cornwall NY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users