Tires

25 replies to this topic

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,591 posts

View Postjimjesswill3, on 03 November 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

Looking to put new tires on my wife's Dodge Durango, The tire size is 265/50R20 which can be very expensive.

I am looking at a set of Mastercraft courser MSR (snows)or Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 all terrains
Snow's would be ideal but unsure of what the winter weather will be don't want to put them on if it's going to be warmer than normal, some input on this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Jim

Best bet is to buy a set of cheap rims. Put snow tires on the rims. If you don't mind changing 4 tires, you can always change if needed

weatherbowl

• Members
  • 10,209 posts
  • Levittown
  • NY

View Postjimjesswill3, on 04 November 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

I'm driving back and forth in a 2016 Honda Civic which is front-wheel-drive I purchased the vehicle because of the great gas mileage it gets
I had a 2008 Honda Civic, I would get 40 miles per gallon on the highway.
Eastern Nassau County, Long Island

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,264 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
go with the mickeyS!
while youre at it put a magnaflow muffler and tint the windows
add 1.5 wheel spacers and 2" lift

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,264 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
"tires" should be in off topic as well

wishcast_hater

No Curvature

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • Lagrangeville
  • NY
My car is a Ford Focus ST which comes with summer tires. I decided to buy snow tires for winter and do not regret it at all (actually had no choice). All season are a compromise, meaning they don't excel great in any one area, being in wet, dry, snow or handling. Dedicated snow tires get you going in the white stuff and rain as well. It helps you turn without sliding in the snow and most importantly DECREASES your stopping distance. The rubber remains soft in very cold weather giving you better traction. In cold weather the rubber on normal tires become more rigid actually increasing your stopping distances on a cold hard surface. Remember driving a Big Wheels tricycle as a kid and trying to stop, that's how summers and all season respond in colder weather.

If you have extra cash I would get snows on steelies or some cheap rims for easy removal between season. Can you make it through the winter on all seasons? Yes but if you live in an area where they don't plow or have lots of hills, snow tires make the difference. I used to drive a rear wheel drive sports car and got snows tires and they performed amazing. I was climbing hills and leaving front wheel drive cars in my rear view mirror. One more thing, you need 4 snow tires not 2 as some would lead you to believe. Hope this helps.

wishcast_hater

No Curvature

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • Lagrangeville
  • NY
Another reason why this board is dead is because they pages dont load properly all the time. I think people see the error message and just move on instead of hitting the RELOAD button. I have complained about this before but no one cares.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users