DECEMBER WEATHER

398 replies to this topic

NYCSNOWMAN

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 17 December 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

Iím the warm weather lover in this board and even I think itís too early I be calling the ďwinterĒ a bust.
well said
Rob
God Bless America
"WATING FOR WINTERS FURY"
Fleetwood, NY

FreezingDrizzle

• Members
  • 8,603 posts
  • Perth_Amboy
  • NJ
Just passing this along...

https://www.washingt...m=.2a071a1adfe5
2018-2019 Frozen Precipitation Record

November 15, 2018 - 4.1 inches (Miller A "overperforming" - to sleet, freezing rain, rain, back to sleet on 11/16 7 am)

Total - 4.1 inches

metfan4life

• Members
  • 28,431 posts
SSW Event
Earthlight
"This is about a consistent of a signal as you will see for major, near record-breaking warmth at 10hPa from 60-90N ."

Isotherm
"This SSW event appears to be a virtual lock, and it's been awhile since I've been positive about a winter; I'm more interested about prospects than I've been in 4+ years, going forward for this winter"

I am also looking at the pattern and they are spot on. A major pattern change looks likely to start the new year .
WINTER OF 2018-2019

11/15/18 : 5.0"

wishcast_hater

No Curvature

• Members
  • 1,076 posts
  • Lagrangeville
  • NY
Climate researchers are sounding the alarm on a polar vortex that’s predicted to sweep through the U.S.’ east coast later this month and inflict one of the harshest winters in years, The Washington ComPost reported....

Sound the alarm, stock up on bread and milk, prepare for life to cease to exist as we know it. Its coming to an end soon climate researchers state.
This spring will be warm and dry btw.

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,609 posts

metfan4life, on 18 December 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

SSW Event
Earthlight
"This is about a consistent of a signal as you will see for major, near record-breaking warmth at 10hPa from 60-90N ."

Isotherm
"This SSW event appears to be a virtual lock, and it's been awhile since I've been positive about a winter; I'm more interested about prospects than I've been in 4+ years, going forward for this winter"

I am also looking at the pattern and they are spot on. A major pattern change looks likely to start the new year .

Yay let's freeze our butts off. So useless being so cold,even with snow

And by useless I mean it can snow in any normal winter. We don't need the 15 degree departures where we don't see 32 for weeks. I don't think anyone wants an astronomical heat bill, frozen pipes etc...not to mention the damage it does to the roads. Can barely do things outside either

wishcast_hater

No Curvature

• Members
  • 1,076 posts
  • Lagrangeville
  • NY

metfan4life, on 18 December 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

And then itís gets pushed back a week and then the next and next. Sorry for the useless post.

metfan4life

• Members
  • 28,431 posts

wishcast_hater, on 18 December 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

And then itís gets pushed back a week and then the next and next. Sorry for the useless post.

No posts are useless
WINTER OF 2018-2019

metfan4life

• Members
  • 28,431 posts
There should be some flakes in the air on Xmas and then we watch the 27th possible storm and nye.
WINTER OF 2018-2019

TatamyPA

• Members
  • 5,903 posts
  • Bethlehem
  • PA

metfan4life, on 18 December 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

There should be some flakes in the air on Xmas and then we watch the 27th possible storm and nye.
Ant - Euro OP seems to be on itís own on these. Events on the other OP models bring rain to the region or nothing at all. GEFS is mild enough for rain when precip falls up to NYE for most except northern suburbs. Output from the GEFS for 12/27 is .05. As it is NYE is still in model fantasy land - especially on the OPís. IDK I think you may be grasping for straws on these. I can agree that things could change after the 1st.
Bethlehem, PA is 80 miles west of NYC
Skywarn Spotter - Mt. Holly

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,609 posts

View PostTatamyPA, on 18 December 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

Ant - Euro OP seems to be on itís own on these. Events on the other OP models bring rain to the region or nothing at all. GEFS is mild enough for rain when precip falls up to NYE for most except northern suburbs. Output from the GEFS for 12/27 is .05. As it is NYE is still in model fantasy land - especially on the OPís. IDK I think you may be grasping for straws on these. I can agree that things could change after the 1st.

Exactly. Any op model any time of year 95% of the time has a "storm" within the end of it's running range. Some materialize, some don't, some are wimpy

wishcast_hater

No Curvature

• Members
  • 1,076 posts
  • Lagrangeville
  • NY

View PostTatamyPA, on 18 December 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

Ant - Euro OP seems to be on it's own on these. Events on the other OP models bring rain to the region or nothing at all. GEFS is mild enough for rain when precip falls up to NYE for most except northern suburbs. Output from the GEFS for 12/27 is .05. As it is NYE is still in model fantasy land - especially on the OP's. IDK I think you may be grasping for straws on these. I can agree that things could change after the 1st.

I will never forgot the Christmas Blizzard we had in 2010, the METS keeping thinking it would head out to sea instead of phasing. We has less that 24 hours notices for 20+ inches of snow.

TatamyPA

• Members
  • 5,903 posts
  • Bethlehem
  • PA

wishcast_hater, on 18 December 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

I will never forgot the Christmas Blizzard we had in 2010, the METS keeping thinking it would head out to sea instead of phasing. We has less that 24 hours notices for 20+ inches of snow.
Models had difficulty determining which VM to focus on. Result was they could not accurately forecast if a phase would occur and when. Fast forward to November 15th of this year. Models had the storm and nobody believed them. I received a WSW while I was standing on my back deck taking a picture of the arrival of a wall of snow with the front edge of the storm. Itís what makes the weather so interesting.

metfan4life

• Members
  • 28,431 posts

TatamyPA, on 18 December 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

Quite possible they all fail but things should get better by the 1st
WINTER OF 2018-2019

metfan4life

• Members
  • 28,431 posts

wishcast_hater, on 18 December 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

30 inches here
WINTER OF 2018-2019

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,609 posts

metfan4life, on 18 December 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

30 inches here

I forgot how much we got here, but def less then NYC. Maybe 10? But seemed like that was the start of coastal areas seeing more snow then not over interior areas

gpsnavigator

• Members
  • 1,652 posts
For chri sake, ANOTHER flood watch??
How many is that this year? I've lost count.
-GPSNav
Home: Rockaway, NJ - Morris County -- Elevation 745 feet
Work: Newton, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 570 feet
Interests: weather, hiking, kayaking, math, science, current events, classic cars, and craft beer

TatamyPA

• Members
  • 5,903 posts
  • Bethlehem
  • PA

metfan4life, on 18 December 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

30 inches here
3 inches here with blowing dirt on top... you guys in the city and eastern NJ got the best of that one.

winterbird04

• Members
  • 1,839 posts

gpsnavigator, on 18 December 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

For chri sake, ANOTHER flood watch??
How many is that this year? I've lost count.

Seriously getting sick of it
Go EAGLES, PHILLIES AND FLYERS

(Hackettstown NJ Warren co.)

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,609 posts

winterbird04, on 18 December 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

Seriously getting sick of it

I picked up playing golf this year. What's worse then slicing your ball into the woods every other shot? Hitting a great shot, but plugging it below the surface and losing it because it's so wet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users