Jump to content

DECEMBER WEATHER


549 replies to this topic

#21
nyrangers1022

  • Members
  • 1,679 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:cornwall on hudson, NY (orange county )

View Postmetfan4life, on 24 November 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:



I don't really like the cold anymore.

40s are fine for me but I love snow


Same. I like some snow here and there. Last winter (except for March and April) was good for my standards. Few moderate snow events, then warmed up to 40-45, chance for snow to melt between storms

#22
metfan4life

  • Members
  • 28,710 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn,NY

View Postnyrangers1022, on 24 November 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

Same. I like some snow here and there. Last winter (except for March and April) was good for my standards. Few moderate snow events, then warmed up to 40-45, chance for snow to melt between storms

Working outside in the cold sucks
WINTER OF 2018-2019
11/15/18 : 5.0"
1/18/19 : 0.5"
1/30/19 : 0.8"
2/12/19 : 1.8"

Total : 8.1"

#23
winterbird04

  • Members
  • 1,900 posts
  • Location:Hackettstown NJ

View Postmetfan4life, on 24 November 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:



Working outside in the cold sucks

I did it for years. I hear ya lol but I love the snow so bring it.
Go EAGLES, PHILLIES AND FLYERS


(Hackettstown NJ Warren co.)

#24
nyrangers1022

  • Members
  • 1,679 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:cornwall on hudson, NY (orange county )

View Postmetfan4life, on 24 November 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:



Working outside in the cold sucks

Was out on sanitation truck couple weeks ago picking up yard waste. 34 degrees and heavy rain. Talk about cold fingers. I'll take 90 and humid over cold. Hot weather I keep a cooler full of ice, water and sports drinks that cools me down

#25
NYCSNOWMAN

  • Members
  • 2,181 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fleetwood, NY

View Postmetfan4life, on 24 November 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:



I don't really like the cold anymore.

40s are fine for me but I love snow
totally agree if its not gonna snow i dont want cold ..i know you need cold for snow but cold and dry boring
Rob
God Bless America
"WATING FOR WINTERS FURY"
Fleetwood, NY

#26
jimjesswill3

  • Members
  • 888 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jim----Marshalls Creek PA(E. Stroudsburg)
  • Marshalls_Creek
  • PA
That early snowfall was a killer, whenever it snows early in a season like that it usually puts the kibosh on the upcoming winter. Not saying this year won't be different, but I've seen it many times before. The upcoming pattern was looking great for snow lovers and now has taken a turn for the worse. Only time will tell what winter has in store but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
Jim-Marshalls Creek PA
41.0976 N 75.1217 W
Elevation 1099.1 feet

#27
metfan4life

  • Members
  • 28,710 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn,NY

View Postjimjesswill3, on 25 November 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

That early snowfall was a killer, whenever it snows early in a season like that it usually puts the kibosh on the upcoming winter. Not saying this year won't be different, but I've seen it many times before. The upcoming pattern was looking great for snow lovers and now has taken a turn for the worse. Only time will tell what winter has in store but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

That's not always true

We have seen many times when it snowed early and we had a good winter

It's also November so getting mad now is foolish
WINTER OF 2018-2019
11/15/18 : 5.0"
1/18/19 : 0.5"
1/30/19 : 0.8"
2/12/19 : 1.8"

Total : 8.1"

#28
jimjesswill3

  • Members
  • 888 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jim----Marshalls Creek PA(E. Stroudsburg)
  • Marshalls_Creek
  • PA

View Postmetfan4life, on 25 November 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:



That's not always true

We have seen many times when it snowed early and we had a good winter

It's also November so getting mad now is foolish

No one is mad, just voicing my opinion.
Jim-Marshalls Creek PA
41.0976 N 75.1217 W
Elevation 1099.1 feet

#29
OrangeCountyWeather06

  • Members
  • 5,140 posts
  • Location:Cornwall NY
  • Cornwall
  • NY
Now that think about it when was the last time our area has seen “below-average” snowfall for the season? It seems like we’ve either hit or been above every year in recent memory.
Cornwall NY

#30
nyrangers1022

  • Members
  • 1,679 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:cornwall on hudson, NY (orange county )
Got this from AccuWeather. Pacific air will flow into central Canada



"Temperatures are likely to average below normal during the first part of the December, but we envision a way that temperatures trend to average to perhaps above average beginning around the middle of the month," according to AccuWeather Lead Long-Range Meteorologist Paul Pastelok.

However, milder air will begin to flow from west to east across central Canada.

"Arctic air may become blocked from entering the United States by the middle of December. In its place may be a flow of milder, Pacific air," Pastelok said.

#31
weathergeek87

  • Moderators
  • 10,141 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamburg, NJ
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

View Postnyrangers1022, on 25 November 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

Got this from AccuWeather. Pacific air will flow into central Canada



"Temperatures are likely to average below normal during the first part of the December, but we envision a way that temperatures trend to average to perhaps above average beginning around the middle of the month," according to AccuWeather Lead Long-Range Meteorologist Paul Pastelok.

However, milder air will begin to flow from west to east across central Canada.

"Arctic air may become blocked from entering the United States by the middle of December. In its place may be a flow of milder, Pacific air," Pastelok said.

Yes that seems to be the general trend in the long range. But we all know how quickly these things can flip one way or another.
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

#32
metfan4life

  • Members
  • 28,710 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn,NY
Long range is a crapshoot. Now the Euro shows very cold weather in December.
WINTER OF 2018-2019
11/15/18 : 5.0"
1/18/19 : 0.5"
1/30/19 : 0.8"
2/12/19 : 1.8"

Total : 8.1"

#33
weatherbowl

  • Members
  • 10,404 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eastern Nassau County
  • Levittown
  • NY
We are in the most frustrating pattern for snow lovers. Cold, to mild with rain, back to cold.
Eastern Nassau County, Long Island

#34
dondraper

  • Members
  • 175 posts
  • Gender:Male

View Postmetfan4life, on 25 November 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

Long range is a crapshoot. Now the Euro shows very cold weather in December.

That's why you need a seasoned vet like Joe Bastardi to give you the skinny on what to really expect in the long range. Bastardi's revolutionary use of analogs to compliment his exceptional understanding of the models has put him at the top of the meteorological pack. He delivers his forecasts with a confident intellectual swagger that can juice up any party and leave the ladies weak at the knees.

#35
metfan4life

  • Members
  • 28,710 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn,NY

View Postweatherbowl, on 25 November 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

We are in the most frustrating pattern for snow lovers. Cold, to mild with rain, back to cold.


It's only November

We will see snow in December
WINTER OF 2018-2019
11/15/18 : 5.0"
1/18/19 : 0.5"
1/30/19 : 0.8"
2/12/19 : 1.8"

Total : 8.1"

#36
NYCSNOWMAN

  • Members
  • 2,181 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fleetwood, NY

View Postweatherbowl, on 25 November 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

We are in the most frustrating pattern for snow lovers. Cold, to mild with rain, back to cold.
as long as we don't get this wash rinse repeat cycle in January
Rob
God Bless America
"WATING FOR WINTERS FURY"
Fleetwood, NY

#37
okterrific83

  • Members
  • 374 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Clifton, NJ

View Postjimjesswill3, on 25 November 2018 - 09:22 AM, said:

That early snowfall was a killer, whenever it snows early in a season like that it usually puts the kibosh on the upcoming winter. Not saying this year won't be different, but I've seen it many times before. The upcoming pattern was looking great for snow lovers and now has taken a turn for the worse. Only time will tell what winter has in store but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

I agree. When winter blows its load early. It loses its juice later. All this cold will go to waste. We are due for below average snowfall, could be this winter or not, time will tell.

#38
winterbird04

  • Members
  • 1,900 posts
  • Location:Hackettstown NJ

View Postokterrific83, on 26 November 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:



I agree. When winter blows its load early. It loses its juice later. All this cold will go to waste. We are due for below average snowfall, could be this winter or not, time will tell.

??????? Really
Go EAGLES, PHILLIES AND FLYERS


(Hackettstown NJ Warren co.)

#39
metfan4life

  • Members
  • 28,710 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn,NY

View Postokterrific83, on 26 November 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:



I agree. When winter blows its load early. It loses its juice later. All this cold will go to waste. We are due for below average snowfall, could be this winter or not, time will tell.

Dude it's November lol
WINTER OF 2018-2019
11/15/18 : 5.0"
1/18/19 : 0.5"
1/30/19 : 0.8"
2/12/19 : 1.8"

Total : 8.1"

#40
OrangeCountyWeather06

  • Members
  • 5,140 posts
  • Location:Cornwall NY
  • Cornwall
  • NY

View Postmetfan4life, on 26 November 2018 - 01:17 PM, said:



Dude it's November lol

I think there’s just a bit of panic when there’s just a bit of cold and nothing to track lol.
Cornwall NY





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users