2020 Presidential Election

3 replies to this topic

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 3,861 posts
Seems early to start this thread, but Elizabeth Warren has announced an exploratory committee for a presidential run.

wishcast_hater

No Curvature

• Members
  • 1,104 posts
  • Lagrangeville
  • NY
Can Pocahontas legally run? She is a native American and not an American citizen as we all know.

In all seriousness I hate that the media and political scum begin discussing/speculating and torturing the rest of American with this stuff 2 years in advance of an election. I wish all these decisions were announced 90 days prior to the election to save us all from this insanity.

And for my second rant.....The founders didn't intend on people being life long politicians, they expected you to serve your country and go back to your normal life after your term ended. Politicians are scum and couldn't hack it in the real world, that why they suckle at the teat for as long as possible.

Trump 2020
I don't care what he says, I care what he does for the country.

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 3,861 posts

View Postwishcast_hater, on 31 December 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

Can Pocahontas legally run? She is a native American and not an American citizen as we all know.

In all seriousness I hate that the media and political scum begin discussing/speculating and torturing the rest of American with this stuff 2 years in advance of an election. I wish all these decisions were announced 90 days prior to the election to save us all from this insanity.

And for my second rant.....The founders didn't intend on people being life long politicians, they expected you to serve your country and go back to your normal life after your term ended. Politicians are scum and couldn't hack it in the real world, that why they suckle at the teat for as long as possible.

Trump 2020

Totally agree. Term limits are sorely needed, however, the very people who have to pass term limit laws are the exact people who would be affected and lose their jobs. Therefore, the chances of this happening are minute. As for endless Presidential campaigns, its another effect of the 24 hour news cycle....they have to fill the air time with something.

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 3,861 posts

View Postwishcast_hater, on 31 December 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

Trump 2020

Trump 2020 is interesting. The Dems are going to throw everything and more at him and the media will be even harder (yes, its possible) on him than it is now. I think there could be 15-20 candidates running on the Dem side and it will be a race to see how far left the candidate will go. The Dem candidate will be far far left, promising free everything with no plans to enact anything.

On the Republican side, I think there will be a Republican challenger to Trump in the primary race, someone like a Kaisich or someone in that mold.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users