2020 Presidential Election

70 replies to this topic

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

View Postmetfan4life, on 25 April 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

Right now Biden and Sanders are on top of the polls for the Democratic party.

Two old white guys. I thought that could only be the Republican party?
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

devilsfan0405

• Members
  • 4,939 posts
  • Cedar_Grove
  • NJ

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 25 April 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

Two old white guys. I thought that could only be the Republican party?

I can see this being a very divisive, ugly nomination process for the Democrats next year.
Cedar Grove, New Jersey (Essex County)

Lets Go, Devils!

Let's Go, Giants!

February 25-26, 2010...THE BEAST OF THE EAST STRIKES! 15" FOR THE GROVE!!! THE OLD SIGNATURE IS FINALLY RETIRED!

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,055 posts

View Postdevilsfan0405, on 25 April 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

I can see this being a very divisive, ugly nomination process for the Democrats next year.

It will be because its a power struggle. Progressives have seized the party the way the tea party group did in the early 2000's, its no different. Biden does not fit the new narrative of the Cortez/Omar wing of the progressive party.

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,283 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 25 April 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

It will be because its a power struggle. Progressives have seized the party the way the tea party group did in the early 2000's, its no different. Biden does not fit the new narrative of the Cortez/Omar wing of the progressive party.

I still have a feeling Kamala Harris will be up there and likely comes close to winning/wins the nod. Of course, none will beat Trump and they know it, hence the continued non-stop smearing.
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,283 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 24 April 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

Is it a stimulus if tax payers are going to have their tax rates raised as a result? Lets be honest, a politician will tell everyone the "rich" will pay for it with higher taxes and once elected, taxes everyone. so, I fail to see how this will be a stimulus.

I have to say, I do not feel I should pay the debt of someone who knowingly signed a document and knew what they were signing up for. Not being judgemental, but, did you give any consideration to paying back the loan when you were signing up for the money? Adults who signed up for mortgages they could not afford in the early 2000s lost their homes when the debt came due. How is student loan debt any different?

I was 17 when graduating HS and went to a semi-expensive school so back then I wasn’t knowledgeable regarding loans. I have been paying them back and have made a considerable dent. But these loan companies get you with very high interest which makes it nearly impossible to pay off the entire balance and I believe these practices need to be looked into. There have already been several Navient and Nelnet lawsuits.
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

metfan4life

• Members
  • 28,973 posts
Sanders and Biden leading the polls
Anthony

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
DeBozo made it official...he's in.

sorry, had to pause for some laughter. My only hope is he resigns as Mayor to focus on campaign, or at the least, if he doesn't resign while he's focusing on the campaign he'll be less focused on ruining the city.

devilsfan0405

• Members
  • 4,939 posts
  • Cedar_Grove
  • NJ

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 16 May 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

sorry, had to pause for some laughter. My only hope is he resigns as Mayor to focus on campaign, or at the least, if he doesn't resign while he's focusing on the campaign he'll be less focused on ruining the city.

True...but they’ll probably just put another far-left bozo in there to replace him even if he did resign.

Does he really think he has a shot in hell of winning? This has to be a pure ego trip for a lot of them.
Cedar Grove, New Jersey (Essex County)

Lets Go, Devils!

Let's Go, Giants!

February 25-26, 2010...THE BEAST OF THE EAST STRIKES! 15" FOR THE GROVE!!! THE OLD SIGNATURE IS FINALLY RETIRED!

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,442 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 16 May 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

Resign ? from what? goin to the YMCA?

metfan4life

• Members
  • 28,973 posts
Anyone watch the debates? :hyper:
Anthony

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

View Postmetfan4life, on 02 July 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

Anyone watch the debates? :hyper:

Very telling that there were no American flags on the stage (no lapel pins, either). It's generally a race to see who could go farther left and be more anti-America than the others. I thought the only half-sane one was Delaney.

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,055 posts

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 02 July 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

Very telling that there were no American flags on the stage (no lapel pins, either). It's generally a race to see who could go farther left and be more anti-America than the others. I thought the only half-sane one was Delaney.

The Dems are handing this election to Trump on a platter. I am waiting for one media member with a spine to ask who is going to pay for
- free healthcare for all
- unemployment for all the insurance co workers
- free college for all
- waiving student for all
- slave reparations
- open borders where illegals get everything for free

They all say it will be millionaires, but just wait until the bill comes due and the average family making $75k a year is suddenly paying 10% more a year in taxes. At some point people need to wake up and realize nothing is free and the 49% of Americans who don’t pay taxes are screwing the other 51%.

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,055 posts
#boycotthomedepot is trending now on social media. Apparently the snowflakes are now disturbed because one of Home Depot's founders is donating a large sum of money to the Trump campaign. Boycott HD, but support Nike. Boycott HD, but support Soros and Steyer giving millions to Democratic candidates.

The hypocrisy of the left is staggering. Just when I think it cannot get worse, it does.

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,442 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
gonna be another 4 years of trump

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,055 posts

View Postvascudave, on 09 July 2019 - 06:06 AM, said:

gonna be another 4 years of trump

I tend to agree, but think Kamala Harris poses a big threat for a few reasons

1) There is a large part of the population that wants nothing other than Trump to be defeated.

2) Being a woman, will get her a slight bump in voters who choose her for no other reason than she is a woman

3) This might be the biggest one, she is black. 92% of black people voted for Obama! 92%!!! 80-85% of black people voted for Clinton and that made the difference. If Harris runs, she will get a portion of that black vote for no other reason than being black.

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,442 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
agree with that

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,055 posts
Cant figure out if this will hurt or help DiBlasio.....Part of me thinks it will help in a certain segment of the voter population. It certainly supports his continued narrative of "police are evil". Not sure if he has commented yet or not...if not, he probably is having "the talk" with his son....

Ant, I feel for ya....no one should have to endure this at work while trying to make the city safer for residents.

https://nypost.com/2...ckets-of-water/

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,777 posts

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 23 July 2019 - 08:41 AM, said:

Cant figure out if this will hurt or help DiBlasio.....Part of me thinks it will help in a certain segment of the voter population. It certainly supports his continued narrative of "police are evil". Not sure if he has commented yet or not...if not, he probably is having "the talk" with his son.... Ant, I feel for ya....no one should have to endure this at work while trying to make the city safer for residents. https://nypost.com/2...ckets-of-water/

He was on TV last night and predictably showed no outrage. Just calmly saying that it was not appropriate to do that.

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,442 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
its assault

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,442 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
at least we know we can throw water on deblasio