2020 Presidential Election

48 replies to this topic

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,753 posts

View Postmetfan4life, on 25 April 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

Right now Biden and Sanders are on top of the polls for the Democratic party.

Two old white guys. I thought that could only be the Republican party?
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

devilsfan0405

• Members
  • 4,939 posts
  • Cedar_Grove
  • NJ

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 25 April 2019 - 09:06 AM, said:

Two old white guys. I thought that could only be the Republican party?

I can see this being a very divisive, ugly nomination process for the Democrats next year.
Cedar Grove, New Jersey (Essex County)

Lets Go, Devils!

Let's Go, Giants!

February 25-26, 2010...THE BEAST OF THE EAST STRIKES! 15" FOR THE GROVE!!! THE OLD SIGNATURE IS FINALLY RETIRED!

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 3,998 posts

View Postdevilsfan0405, on 25 April 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

I can see this being a very divisive, ugly nomination process for the Democrats next year.

It will be because its a power struggle. Progressives have seized the party the way the tea party group did in the early 2000's, its no different. Biden does not fit the new narrative of the Cortez/Omar wing of the progressive party.

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,272 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 25 April 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

It will be because its a power struggle. Progressives have seized the party the way the tea party group did in the early 2000's, its no different. Biden does not fit the new narrative of the Cortez/Omar wing of the progressive party.

I still have a feeling Kamala Harris will be up there and likely comes close to winning/wins the nod. Of course, none will beat Trump and they know it, hence the continued non-stop smearing.
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,272 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 24 April 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

Is it a stimulus if tax payers are going to have their tax rates raised as a result? Lets be honest, a politician will tell everyone the "rich" will pay for it with higher taxes and once elected, taxes everyone. so, I fail to see how this will be a stimulus.

I have to say, I do not feel I should pay the debt of someone who knowingly signed a document and knew what they were signing up for. Not being judgemental, but, did you give any consideration to paying back the loan when you were signing up for the money? Adults who signed up for mortgages they could not afford in the early 2000s lost their homes when the debt came due. How is student loan debt any different?

I was 17 when graduating HS and went to a semi-expensive school so back then I wasn’t knowledgeable regarding loans. I have been paying them back and have made a considerable dent. But these loan companies get you with very high interest which makes it nearly impossible to pay off the entire balance and I believe these practices need to be looked into. There have already been several Navient and Nelnet lawsuits.
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

metfan4life

• Members
  • 28,889 posts
Sanders and Biden leading the polls
Anthony

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 2,753 posts
DeBozo made it official...he's in.

sorry, had to pause for some laughter. My only hope is he resigns as Mayor to focus on campaign, or at the least, if he doesn't resign while he's focusing on the campaign he'll be less focused on ruining the city.
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

devilsfan0405

• Members
  • 4,939 posts
  • Cedar_Grove
  • NJ

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 16 May 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

sorry, had to pause for some laughter. My only hope is he resigns as Mayor to focus on campaign, or at the least, if he doesn't resign while he's focusing on the campaign he'll be less focused on ruining the city.

True...but they’ll probably just put another far-left bozo in there to replace him even if he did resign.

Does he really think he has a shot in hell of winning? This has to be a pure ego trip for a lot of them.
Cedar Grove, New Jersey (Essex County)

Lets Go, Devils!

Let's Go, Giants!

February 25-26, 2010...THE BEAST OF THE EAST STRIKES! 15" FOR THE GROVE!!! THE OLD SIGNATURE IS FINALLY RETIRED!

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,407 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 16 May 2019 - 10:32 AM, said:

Resign ? from what? goin to the YMCA?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users