Jump to content

Board Down Time


7 replies to this topic

#1
robbbs

  • Administrator
  • 16,513 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Milford, NJ
We apologize for the recent extended board down time. The web host companyís servers were down, knocking our site off the internet. We made numerous and repeated efforts over the weekend and through this morning to determine the status. You are never provided with adequate explanations. However, the host company site indicated that they experienced a fire in one of their main centers. As a reminder, please visit the boardís Facebook page for updates in the event the board is down. Thank you.
rockburnweather.com
West Milford NJ

#2
weathergeek87

  • Moderators
  • 10,217 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamburg, NJ
  • Hamburg
  • NJ
Thanks for all your efforts Charlie.
Yes everyone, please follow us on Facebook: NYC Metro Weather Forums
For not only updates regarding the status of the board, but also for continued weather discussion!
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

#3
snowprincess0204

  • Members
  • 270 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Union Nj
Thanks for the update. I was checking FB but it was kind of quiet

#4
TatamyPA

  • Members
  • 6,385 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bethlehem, PA - elevation - 400'
  • Bethlehem
  • PA

View Postweathergeek87, on 07 January 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

Thanks for all your efforts Charlie.
Yes everyone, please follow us on Facebook: NYC Metro Weather Forums
For not only updates regarding the status of the board, but also for continued weather discussion!
WG / Charlie - Thanks for the updates. As others have noted there does seem to be an issue with the board being down other than this time. I can only speculate if the hosting entity has appropriate backup measures in place. Perhaps consideration needs to be made regarding a change.
Bethlehem, PA is 80 miles west of NYC
Skywarn Spotter - Mt. Holly

#5
robbbs

  • Administrator
  • 16,513 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Milford, NJ

View PostTatamyPA, on 07 January 2019 - 11:25 PM, said:

WG / Charlie - Thanks for the updates. As others have noted there does seem to be an issue with the board being down other than this time. I can only speculate if the hosting entity has appropriate backup measures in place. Perhaps consideration needs to be made regarding a change.

I believe the issues logging on have been eliminated or greatly reduced. However, if anyone has any related issues, please let us know on this thread. If you cannot get on the board, please let us know through our Facebook page. Thanks.
rockburnweather.com
West Milford NJ

#6
FreezingDrizzle

  • Members
  • 8,898 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:200 yds. from Raritan Bay, elevation 37' --
  • Perth_Amboy
  • NJ

View Postrobbbs, on 08 January 2019 - 07:21 PM, said:

I believe the issues logging on have been eliminated or greatly reduced. However, if anyone has any related issues, please let us know on this thread. If you cannot get on the board, please let us know through our Facebook page. Thanks.
I do not have the log-in problem anymore (I have Chrome).
2018-2019 Frozen Precipitation Record

November 15, 2018 - 4.1 inches (Miller A "over-performing" - to sleet, freezing rain, rain, back to sleet on 11/16 7 am)
January 13, 2019 - 0.2 inches (northern edge of "southern slider")
January 18, 2019 - 0.6 inches (weak mid-western storm)
January 30, 2019 - 0.5 inches (intense 20 minute squall on arctic front)
February 11, 2019 - 0.3 inches (northern edge of weak wave from the west)
February 12, 2019 - 1.1 inches snow-sleet-snow-rain (front-end of wave from the west)
February 20, 2019 - 2.3 inches (front-end of wave from the west)
February 28, 2019 - 0.2 inches (southern edge of a clipper)
March 1, 2019 - 0.3 inches (weak clipper)
March 2, 2019 - 3.3 inches
March 4, 2019 - 4.6 inches (SW storm)

Seasonal Total - 17.5 inches

Notable temperatures: 11/22/2018: 18 F (low), 11/23/2018: 12 F (low), 1/21/2019: 5 F (low), 1/22/2019: 11 F (low), 1/24/2019 60 F (high),

#7
robbbs

  • Administrator
  • 16,513 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:West Milford, NJ

View PostFreezingDrizzle, on 08 January 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

I do not have the log-in problem anymore (I have Chrome).

That's encouraging to hear.
rockburnweather.com
West Milford NJ

#8
weathergeek87

  • Moderators
  • 10,217 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hamburg, NJ
  • Hamburg
  • NJ

View PostFreezingDrizzle, on 08 January 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

I do not have the log-in problem anymore (I have Chrome).

Great! Yes over the last few months I havenít heard anymore issues regarding login problems.

As Robbbs said, if you cannot access the board, you can always send a PM via our Facebook page and one of the moderators will get back to you.
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users