GOV. Murphy

4 replies to this topic

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,433 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
figure we can start a thread on the Joker.

$40 mil on 28 snow events?
28??
i must have missed about 26 of em

gpsnavigator

• Members
  • 1,747 posts
I choose not to support this governor during the last election despite our teacher union banging their chests for Phil Murphy.
That said, I'm not quite sure what people would like him to do regarding the weather. There was some understandable concern regarding how the November event was handled, and a lot of useless outrage and accusations on top of that. The predictable response is now everything is a major event.

Environmental concerns have also been raised regarding the issue of over-treating or unnecessarily treating the roads:
https://www.nj.com/n...-will-tell.html

It's also a waste of money and resources.
-GPSNav
Home: Rockaway, NJ - Morris County -- Elevation 745 feet
Work: Newton, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 570 feet
Interests: weather, hiking, kayaking, math, science, current events, classic cars, and craft beer

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,433 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postgpsnavigator, on 11 February 2019 - 09:50 PM, said:

I choose not to support this governor during the last election despite our teacher union banging their chests for Phil Murphy.
That said, I'm not quite sure what people would like him to do regarding the weather. There was some understandable concern regarding how the November event was handled, and a lot of useless outrage and accusations on top of that. The predictable response is now everything is a major event.

Environmental concerns have also been raised regarding the issue of over-treating or unnecessarily treating the roads:
https://www.nj.com/n...-will-tell.html

It's also a waste of money and resources.
with the environmental concern comes the rain tax.

seems they are manufacturing a problem then putting a cost on the tax payers

gpsnavigator

• Members
  • 1,747 posts

View Postvascudave, on 12 February 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

with the environmental concern comes the rain tax.

seems they are manufacturing a problem then putting a cost on the tax payers
It's definitely not a manufactured problem. But I think you and I would agree that the best answer is not another tax.
-GPSNav
Home: Rockaway, NJ - Morris County -- Elevation 745 feet
Work: Newton, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 570 feet
Interests: weather, hiking, kayaking, math, science, current events, classic cars, and craft beer

vascudave

• Members
  • 7,433 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postgpsnavigator, on 12 February 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

It's definitely not a manufactured problem. But I think you and I would agree that the best answer is not another tax.
perhaps not manufactured..... but added too
“The biggest source of pollution we face is from stormwater runoff," said Jeff Tittel, the director of the New Jersey Sierra Club. “This legislation is an important step forward to help clean up our waterways and protect us from flooding.”

all the added salt cant help the environment
wonder if they are "padding the numbers". if current/future tests show the runoff with increasing pollutants that would certainly help them push it through.
in the end added taxes doesnt help us

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users