Yankees 2019 Season

24 replies to this topic

metfan4life

• Members
  • 29,076 posts

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 30 July 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

Do the Yankees have a plan to fix their pitching staff? Doesn't seem like they think its a problem.....

They let Stroman and Bauer slide past them.
Winter 2019-2020
11/12/19 - 1st flakes

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,116 posts

View Postmetfan4life, on 31 July 2019 - 06:00 AM, said:

They let Stroman and Bauer slide past them.

Unbelievable....I get they don't want to give up on prospects, but you need to give a little to get something. Where the Boss used to trade every prospect, Cash has gone too far in the other direction. Heck, Cashman refused to trade Eduardo Nunez for Cliff Lee a few years back. Lee went to Texas and they made the WS, beating NYY in the LCS. I was at Game 1 that year with Lee pitching. Josh Hamilton hit a HR 5 pitches into the game. I looked at my son and said "game over". It was, Yanks were shutout. All because Cashman did not want to give up Eduardo Nunez....EDUARDO NUNEZ!!

This team can win the WS this year, but not with the pitching staff it has right now. I hope we don't see a repeat, with Bumgarner ending up in Houston

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 31 July 2019 - 08:25 AM, said:

Unbelievable....I get they don't want to give up on prospects, but you need to give a little to get something. Where the Boss used to trade every prospect, Cash has gone too far in the other direction. Heck, Cashman refused to trade Eduardo Nunez for Cliff Lee a few years back. Lee went to Texas and they made the WS, beating NYY in the LCS. I was at Game 1 that year with Lee pitching. Josh Hamilton hit a HR 5 pitches into the game. I looked at my son and said "game over". It was, Yanks were shutout. All because Cashman did not want to give up Eduardo Nunez....EDUARDO NUNEZ!!

This team can win the WS this year, but not with the pitching staff it has right now. I hope we don't see a repeat, with Bumgarner ending up in Houston

I tell my friends all the time that brah on how great yankees are this year. You can win many games in regular season 10-7. But if you can't win a 2-1 ball game most of the time in playoffs, it will be over before it started

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,116 posts
Ive calmed down a bit since yesterday but still find it mind boggling that the yanks were shut out. I watched Cashmans press conference and just shook my head when he said "the market wasn't what the media made it out to be" and he wasn't willing to give up what people were asking. First, every player mentioned in talks was moved, except Bumgarner. Second, the Reds and the Mets figured out how to get a package of mid level prospects together for Bauer and Stroman successfully. if Cashman is not capable of doing that, its time for him to go. This has been a problem since the start of the season, its not like it suddenly happened and he had to make a move. This could have been done in June or weeks ago. This is a total and complete failure on Cashman's part.

satellite_eyes

• Moderators
  • 7,851 posts
I mean heading into the playoffs (as of recently) the Yankees #1 and #2 SP had ERA's close to 5.00! That's just insane. They are both a little better after their last start or two. I highly doubt the offense will carry them in the playoffs. History shows that it won't (especially the HRs). And even if it does carry them to some extent, they eventually run into the Astros pitching staff which they can't hold a candle to. So your only hope is that Tanaka and Paxton get hot and maybe you have a chance. Might be asking a lot.
Lake Hopatcong, NJ (NW Morris County)
Elevation 1150' - Average Snow: 50"

Snow Stats (as of 3/31/15)
2014-2015 Winter - 67.0" Min Temp -6
2013-2014 Winter - 66.1" Min Temp -5
2012-2013 Winter - 53.4" Min Temp +1
2011-2012 Winter - 26.9" Min Temp +5
2010-2011 Winter - 62.3" Min Temp -6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users