MARCH WEATHER

84 replies to this topic

metfan4life

• Members
  • 29,433 posts

View Postcanisteerrd, on 30 March 2020 - 06:23 PM, said:

Just had a pretty heavy rainshower that was mixed with sleet. Temp is 45 though?

850 temps are cold enough
Winter 2019-2020
12/2/19 - 1"

satellite_eyes

• Moderators
  • 7,944 posts
Well once again the miles backed off on the colder pattern I should know better by now. Things look fairly typical over the next couple weeks.
Lake Hopatcong, NJ (NW Morris County)
Elevation 1150' - Average Snow: 50"

Snow Stats (as of 3/31/15)
2014-2015 Winter - 67.0" Min Temp -6
2013-2014 Winter - 66.1" Min Temp -5
2012-2013 Winter - 53.4" Min Temp +1
2011-2012 Winter - 26.9" Min Temp +5
2010-2011 Winter - 62.3" Min Temp -6

devilsfan0405

• Members
  • 5,236 posts
  • Cedar_Grove
  • NJ

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 30 March 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

Crappy weather would be a good thing now. Keep people inside and away from each other. We were better off with such a lousy weekend here. When it was really nice the previous Saturday (9 days ago), I drove past a schoolyard and there were tons of people playing basketball, volleyball, etc like nothing was going on.

True. The patience for the lockdown is going to grow thinner as the days get nicer. The quarantine has to be done but human nature and the desire to be out in the sun will be major temptations for people, especially the younger crowd. Maybe if everyone really battens down the hatches in April, we can substantially flatten the curve and start to road back to some normalcy step by step. Iíll sacrifice a month or two now if we can salvage the summer. Letís just hope the economy can bounce back.

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,514 posts

View Postdevilsfan0405, on 30 March 2020 - 09:54 PM, said:

True. The patience for the lockdown is going to grow thinner as the days get nicer. The quarantine has to be done but human nature and the desire to be out in the sun will be major temptations for people, especially the younger crowd. Maybe if everyone really battens down the hatches in April, we can substantially flatten the curve and start to road back to some normalcy step by step. I'll sacrifice a month or two now if we can salvage the summer. Let's just hope the economy can bounce back.

Im not so sure patience is going to get thinner, in fact, I think it may be the opposite. people were quarantined when there were few cases and impacts. Now the numbers are bearing out the severity and the deaths are waking people up that this is different. I think as long as the numbers are high and eye popping, the quarantine will hold. The issue will be after we reach peak and cases start to decline. Then cabin fever will take over and people will want to get out.

weatherbowl

• Members
  • 10,683 posts
  • Levittown
  • NY
Have to watch an offshore storm the next few days. It will be well offshore but around Friday it looks like it will retrograde back west.
Eastern Nassau County, Long Island

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users