2020 Yankees Season

11 replies to this topic

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,527 posts
Going to my first NYY spring training game next week.

satellite_eyes

• Moderators
  • 7,944 posts
Enjoy havenít been there in 20 years. I want to take my kids.
Lake Hopatcong, NJ (NW Morris County)
Elevation 1150' - Average Snow: 50"

Snow Stats (as of 3/31/15)
2014-2015 Winter - 67.0" Min Temp -6
2013-2014 Winter - 66.1" Min Temp -5
2012-2013 Winter - 53.4" Min Temp +1
2011-2012 Winter - 26.9" Min Temp +5
2010-2011 Winter - 62.3" Min Temp -6

metfan4life

• Members
  • 29,437 posts
Enjoy

I went to Mets spring training last year. It was really nice. I got to meet all the players and got their autographs.
Winter 2019-2020
12/2/19 - 1"

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,527 posts
Hicks, Stanton, Judge and Severino all injured again. Who is watching the training regimen and who is being held accountable for a 2019 repeat.

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,848 posts

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 01 March 2020 - 07:46 AM, said:

Hicks, Stanton, Judge and Severino all injured again. Who is watching the training regimen and who is being held accountable for a 2019 repeat.

I believe Stanton and Judge are always hurt because (lack of a better term) they are big and doofy. Just my opinion

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,527 posts

View Postnyrangers1022, on 01 March 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

I believe Stanton and Judge are always hurt because (lack of a better term) they are big and doofy. Just my opinion

I know what you mean, but it seems nobody is watching their training plans. Soft tissue injuries are workout based....someone needs to own it.

metfan4life

• Members
  • 29,437 posts

View Postnyrangers1022, on 01 March 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

They need to stop lifting heavy weights
Winter 2019-2020
12/2/19 - 1"

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,848 posts

View Postmetfan4life, on 01 March 2020 - 07:44 PM, said:

They need to stop lifting heavy weights

Exactly. Few years ago I remember a Mets broadcast. I believe Keith Hernandez was rambling on between pitches, stating back in the day there was no such thing as an oblique. Also stated that today's players are spending too much in the weight room building for muscle and strength. Also said they need to train to become baseball players, not power lifters

metfan4life

• Members
  • 29,437 posts
Rob Manfred rejected the 114 game schedule. Says he won't counter.

Meanwhile Basketball and Hockey will be back soon

Winter 2019-2020
12/2/19 - 1"

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 1,848 posts

metfan4life, on 03 June 2020 - 01:26 PM, said:

Rob Manfred rejected the 114 game schedule. Says he won't counter.

Meanwhile Basketball and Hockey will be back soon

Got a feeling this will be the beginning of the end for the MLB. These contracts, along with stadiums at least half empty, and the slow pace of play will take it's toll with the pandemic accelerating it. I do not know many people completely upset that there is no baseball on.

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 4,527 posts

nyrangers1022, on 03 June 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:

Got a feeling this will be the beginning of the end for the MLB. These contracts, along with stadiums at least half empty, and the slow pace of play will take it's toll with the pandemic accelerating it. I do not know many people completely upset that there is no baseball on.

I know a number of people missing baseball. Itís far more popular than sports talk radio will have you believe.

devilsfan0405

• Members
  • 5,253 posts
  • Cedar_Grove
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 03 June 2020 - 02:15 PM, said:

I know a number of people missing baseball. It's far more popular than sports talk radio will have you believe.

I enjoy it but it's going to be a terrible look if they can't work something out in order to play this year. With so many people unemployed right now, who wants to see millionaires and billionaires engaged in a pissing match over money? Then again, people came back after the '94 strike. Sports fans are very loyal, probably to a fault. I'm guilty myself but it's hard to pull away from something that you grew up with and has provided a lot of great memories. It's a distraction from the harsh realities that everyday life can confront us with. I was extremely annoyed with the NHL after their work stoppages but I'm still a fan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users