2020 Yankees Season

22 replies to this topic

devilsfan0405

• Members
  • 6,108 posts
  • Cedar_Grove
  • NJ

View Postsatellite_eyes, on 10 October 2020 - 08:06 AM, said:

It was still a fun year. They need to retool. They need a speedy lefty or two and more depth at SP. Among other things. I'm not really surprised they lost to the Rays. $20M contracts don't buy you a WS

True...trying to simply outslug teams usually doesn't work in the playoffs either. I don't know how crazy they'll go as far as changes. It was a quick and strange season; kind of a crapshoot in a lot of ways. Don't know how much you can really judge in what was a little more than a third of a normal regular season. Anything can happen in a short series also.

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 5,219 posts

View Postsatellite_eyes, on 10 October 2020 - 08:06 AM, said:

It was still a fun year. They need to retool. They need a speedy lefty or two and more depth at SP. Among other things. I'm not really surprised they lost to the Rays. $20M contracts don't buy you a WS

Definetly disappointing, but consider what the SP rotation should have been: Cole, Severino, Paxton, Tanaka, Montgomery (or whoever). Injuries killed (again) but not controllable. Lets be honest, this isnt a real season, its a glorified tournament ball, round robin followed by a knockout round. I'm glad no one was traded.
  • They need to sign DJ and some left handed hitting. Dont focus on power hitters, get contact guys.
  • Next they need another SP, Paxton is regularly injured.
  • Make Judge play for his next contract, see if he can keep himself healthy. If so, let him have a monster year and pay him what is expected. If not, the opportunity is there to pay less or decide to let him walk.
  • Dump Sanchez, its time to be done with the experiment. He may excel elsewhere, but, its not going to happen in NY. Im worn out waiting for him to figure it out. I think he is lazy and lacks the desire to improve himself. He does what he needs to do to stay on the MLB roster.
  • Try to sign Realmuto.

satellite_eyes

• Moderators
  • 8,058 posts
Agree get rid of Sanchez. They won' though you could hear how Cashman talked about him at the press conference. More lefty bats, contact hitters and depth at SP.
Lake Hopatcong, NJ (NW Morris County)
Elevation 1150' - Average Snow: 50"

Snow Stats (as of 3/31/15)
2014-2015 Winter - 67.0" Min Temp -6
2013-2014 Winter - 66.1" Min Temp -5
2012-2013 Winter - 53.4" Min Temp +1
2011-2012 Winter - 26.9" Min Temp +5
2010-2011 Winter - 62.3" Min Temp -6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users