BOARD DOWN EXPLANATION

7 replies to this topic

robbbs

• Administrator
  • 16,588 posts
One of the problems with having an overseas web hosting company, at least with ours, is that there is no live person contact. Despite countless work tickets having been opened regarding the board being down, there was no response from the host company and no other opportunity or avenue to communicate. From piecing things together, the host company did not recognize the domain name renewal in January, well in advance of the annual expiration at the end of February, despite their own site showing a record of the paid invoice. I finally went through my credit card company to track down a phone number for the domain name charge, left a voice mail message, and the board was back up. Frustrating experience.
rockburnweather.com
West Milford NJ

metfan4life

• Members
  • 30,179 posts
Sounded like hell

Glad to be back on here. This was the 2nd forum that I was ever on.
Anthony

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 2,146 posts

View Postrobbbs, on 21 March 2021 - 06:44 AM, said:

One of the problems with having an overseas web hosting company, at least with ours, is that there is no live person contact. Despite countless work tickets having been opened regarding the board being down, there was no response from the host company and no other opportunity or avenue to communicate. From piecing things together, the host company did not recognize the domain name renewal in January, well in advance of the annual expiration at the end of February, despite their own site showing a record of the paid invoice. I finally went through my credit card company to track down a phone number for the domain name charge, left a voice mail message, and the board was back up. Frustrating experience.

Oof . Welcome back

jfar57

• Members
  • 2,473 posts
  • Randolph
  • Nj
Thank you for figuring it out and getting us back up.
Randolph NJ

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 3,088 posts
Just glad it's back. thanks.
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

snowprincess0204

• Members
  • 309 posts
Thanks Robbs for getting us back in business!!

gpsnavigator

• Members
  • 1,957 posts
Yay! Nice work robbbs. Very frustrating indeed. Any way we can switch the site over to something not overseas?
-GPSNav
Home: Sparta, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 800 feet
Work: Hampton, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 570 feet
Interests: weather, hiking, kayaking, math, science, current events, classic cars, and craft beer

pmgav

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Location:Bethlehem Township (Hampton), NJ, -- 760' elevation
Thanks, Robbs. I’m one of those regular viewers/irregular posters. I was starting to worry! Glad to see the site up and running again. Long live nycmetroweather!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users