Tracking Tropical Storm Henri

37 replies to this topic

weatherbowl

• Members
  • 11,034 posts
  • Levittown
  • NY
Rain last night of 1.5 inches and 1.10 inches from Henri today. No wind to speak of.
Eastern Nassau County, Long Island

metfan4life

• Members
  • 30,352 posts
Just got back from Maryland

Bad drive home on the turnpike

Heavy rain here in Brooklyn
Anthony

canisteerrd

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • Cliffwood Lake, Vernon
  • NJ
This has basically a non event here. I have a 5 gallon spackle pail out in the open and it doesn't even have 1.5" of water in it, which would be less than 1.5" precip. Practically calm winds. 71°
Elev: 1217'

2012-2013 total snow: 67.0"
2013- 2014 total snow: 67.0"
2014-2015 total snow: 71.1"
2015-2016 total snow: 31"
2016-2017 total snow 61"
2017-2018 total snow: 84"
2018-2019 total snow: 40"
2019-2020 total snow: 25"
2020-2021 total snow: 64.5"
Lowest temp this season: +6 01/29/21

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,984 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ
Norlun setting up across North Jersey.
The 5 boroughs have been getting shellacked with rain all night
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

NYCSNOWMAN

• Members
  • 2,313 posts
Here in yonkers. Steady rain all morning now some heavier stuff. But nothing like Brooklyn
Rob
God Bless America
"WATING FOR WINTERS FURY"
Fleetwood, NY

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 3,132 posts
The rain here in Queens last night from about 9pm-1am was insane. Still getting a steady moderate to at times heavy rain.
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

CoralRed

• Members
  • 12 posts
I didn't think I would have anything to report but I do. We have been having heavy rain for at least 20 minutes here in Williamsport, PA, where Henri was not supposed to reach. It looks like it won't last much longer. There is even light rain in the county to our west. I see on the radar that it is raining all the south to almost Washington, DC, which I don't think was predicted either.

So the ocean stayed in the ocean in downtown Jersey City, unlike with the last big one, Superstore Sandy. But you guys got so much rain. I am wondering how all the people living in basement apartments on my old block are doing. With Sandy, they got water close to their ceilings and in my building above the ceiling and up the stairs to the first floor. I am afraid they may have gotten flooded again. I didn't think that would happen.

canisteerrd

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • Cliffwood Lake, Vernon
  • NJ

View PostCoralRed, on 22 August 2021 - 01:14 PM, said:

I didn't think I would have anything to report but I do. We have been having heavy rain for at least 20 minutes here in Williamsport, PA, where Henri was not supposed to reach. It looks like it won't last much longer. There is even light rain in the county to our west. I see on the radar that it is raining all the south to almost Washington, DC, which I don't think was predicted either.

So the ocean stayed in the ocean in downtown Jersey City, unlike with the last big one, Superstore Sandy. But you guys got so much rain. I am wondering how all the people living in basement apartments on my old block are doing. With Sandy, they got water close to their ceilings and in my building above the ceiling and up the stairs to the first floor. I am afraid they may have gotten flooded again. I didn't think that would happen.
Not being in Jersey City, I cannot definitely answer that. But, I highly doubt it because theres not even a remotely threat of storm surge like Sandy. In NJ, this is just a rainstorm.
Elev: 1217'

2012-2013 total snow: 67.0"
2013- 2014 total snow: 67.0"
2014-2015 total snow: 71.1"
2015-2016 total snow: 31"
2016-2017 total snow 61"
2017-2018 total snow: 84"
2018-2019 total snow: 40"
2019-2020 total snow: 25"
2020-2021 total snow: 64.5"
Lowest temp this season: +6 01/29/21

CoralRed

• Members
  • 12 posts

View Postcanisteerrd, on 22 August 2021 - 01:29 PM, said:

Not being in Jersey City, I cannot definitely answer that. But, I highly doubt it because theres not even a remotely threat of storm surge like Sandy. In NJ, this is just a rainstorm.

I know they didn't get storm surge this time, thank God, in Jersey City. But if Brooklyn got more than 6 inches of rain, the basement apartments on my old block got wet, I am afraid. Flooding was a problem before and the added apartment towers means a lot of bare ground that soaked up the rain is now covered.

They also had problems with the sewers handling water. With Irene the guys in our building downstairs and our other neighbors in ground level apartments got flooded out and it wasn't the actual storm water that caused it. The City was working on things when I left in 2015 but between those old systems and more people moving in, I don't know how much they were able to improve things.

weatherbowl

• Members
  • 11,034 posts
  • Levittown
  • NY
2.7 inches of rain here today on top of 1.5 inches yesterday evening. There was never any wind to speak of.
Eastern Nassau County, Long Island

gpsnavigator

• Members
  • 1,970 posts
Some serious banding setting up my way and just to the northeast of here. Flood warnings issued, heavy rain has been falling for an hour plus now.
-GPSNav
Home: Sparta, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 800 feet
Work: Hampton, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 570 feet
Interests: weather, hiking, kayaking, math, science, current events, classic cars, and craft beer

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,984 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ
Rain has been relentless in northern NJ. Still pouring.

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,984 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ
Anyone have the most up to date rainfall totals?

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,984 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ
Very heavy banding as far west as eastern PA. Def not forecasted.

CoralRed

• Members
  • 12 posts
Strange but true that right now NYC is not getting rain but places in PA that are not that far east of me in Williamsport are getting rain. And this is happening after the storm shifted east and landfall was in Rhode Island, not Long Island. For what was billed as a Southern New England storm, PA is managing to get a lot of rain from it.

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 2,207 posts
Boy did my area luck out with the rain yesterday and last night. Probably not even an inch yet. I was basically dry slotted all day in Eastern Orange county

metfan4life

• Members
  • 30,352 posts
Closing in on 7 inches here in south Brooklyn.

Central Park has passed the 8 inch mark.
Anthony

FreeRideNJ

Keith

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • Boonton
  • NJ
Total Henri rainfall for my weather station KNJBOONT25

Saturday - 1.08 inches
Sunday - 5.68 inches
Monday - 2.11 inches
Total Henri - 8.87 inches