Severe Weather Data Tracker

5 replies to this topic

wxtracker93

Administrator Emeritus

• Administrator
  • 1,974 posts
NYC Metro Weather is proud to offer a new, exclusive feature you will only find here. It is known as the Severe Weather Data Tracker. It gives to the ability to enter in a station ID and receive a printout (not literally printing out of your printer :lmao: ) of severe weather indices for that station as well as forecast indices, and what they mean.

It can be found here: http://nycmetroweath...verewxdata.html

Please share with us your comments and thoughts!
Brett

"Then come the wild weather,
come sleet or come snow,
we will stand by each other,
however it blow."
-Simon Dach

Like the NYC Metro Weather Facebook page

Guest_Jimrin1967_*

• Guests
Very nice, Brett. Thanks for taking the time to do something like this. One problem...no matter what station I plugged into the RUC field I got Station: KREE Date: 2100Z 17 JUN 04. But the actual data printout is very well done. Would there be any way to show the actual sounding along with the data? Having the visual along with the printout would be an incredibly useful tool if it wasn't a major undertaking.

blizzardm17

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • bronx
  • ny
thank you very much another great addition to a very informative site

weathergeek87

• Moderators
  • 10,390 posts
  • Hamburg
  • NJ
Yes excellent addition to the site!
Home: Hamburg, NJ (Hardyston Township, Sussex County) Elevation 700'
Work: Middletown, NY

wxtracker93

Administrator Emeritus

• Administrator
  • 1,974 posts

View PostJimrin1967, on Jul 16 2008, 01:00 PM, said:

Very nice, Brett. Thanks for taking the time to do something like this. One problem...no matter what station I plugged into the RUC field I got Station: KREE Date: 2100Z 17 JUN 04. But the actual data printout is very well done. Would there be any way to show the actual sounding along with the data? Having the visual along with the printout would be an incredibly useful tool if it wasn't a major undertaking.
Hmm, I'm not encountering that problem. Make sure that it is a valid station, and that it is updating. Also make sure to read the message at the bottom of the page.

"Please note that the 4-letter ROAB/Sounding Station must be an actual RAOB launch site. For a list of stations, please click here. The RUC Forecast Station may be any ICAO, including the same station you entered above."

Also, I'll look into your request!
Brett

"Then come the wild weather,
come sleet or come snow,
we will stand by each other,
however it blow."
-Simon Dach

Like the NYC Metro Weather Facebook page

Guest_Jimrin1967_*

• Guests

View Postwxtracker93, on Jul 17 2008, 10:09 PM, said:

Hmm, I'm not encountering that problem. Make sure that it is a valid station, and that it is updating. Also make sure to read the message at the bottom of the page.

"Please note that the 4-letter ROAB/Sounding Station must be an actual RAOB launch site. For a list of stations, please click here. The RUC Forecast Station may be any ICAO, including the same station you entered above."

Also, I'll look into your request!

Brett I am an idiot. I thought the first thing that came up was the ruc. I wasn't scrolling down. Now I see it. Again, thank you for this. Its very useful to have the data in a quick, easy to read format like this when you have to slam forecasts out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users