←  Off Topic Discussion

NYC Metro Weather Forums

»

Terror Attack

thundersleet's Photo thundersleet 15 Jun 2016

View Postweathergeek87, on 15 June 2016 - 06:56 PM, said:

Yes absolutely. After hearing the account from the girl who survived while in the bathroom, she heard him screaming on the phone for several hours, this guy was an absolutely nut job. 100% radicalized and out of his damn mind. Forget the sexual fantasies he had, this guy fully believed that what he was doing (cleansing the earth of infidels) was what his God wanted. There is no fixing this. Obama's response was pathetic at best and he has really shown how terrible of a leader he really is. The media attacking Trump for what he said is so stupid. I think his approach on this is what we need (calling it like we see it, RADICAL ISLAM), but the media and the powers that be have already coronated their queen aka HRC so Trump is in her way, so they will try to destroy him now.

Geek-All the politicians have it wrong. How dare they use a tragedy like this to get political points. Obama is guilty of this, Clinton is guilty of this, and Trump is guilty of this. Now is a time to mourn, and that's how it should be for the next several days at least. After that we can and should turn to policy solutions which would prevent another event like this from happening again.

weathergeek87's Photo weathergeek87 15 Jun 2016

View Postthundersleet, on 15 June 2016 - 07:10 PM, said:

Geek-All the politicians have it wrong. How dare they use a tragedy like this to get political points. Obama is guilty of this, Clinton is guilty of this, and Trump is guilty of this. Now is a time to mourn, and that's how it should be for the next several days at least. After that we can and should turn to policy solutions which would prevent another event like this from happening again.

They are all guilty of it. I went on a tirade yesterday about how sickening it was to see these boneheads running their gums and trying to come across as sincere and sympathetic when they couldn't have come off as more selfish and pathetic. Obama and Clinton, in my opinion, are just the worst. Trump, although he is rough around the edges, is at least offering some type of solution. What Obama has done thus far hasn't worked and even Democrats realize that.

thundersleet's Photo thundersleet 15 Jun 2016

View Postweathergeek87, on 15 June 2016 - 08:00 PM, said:

They are all guilty of it. I went on a tirade yesterday about how sickening it was to see these boneheads running their gums and trying to come across as sincere and sympathetic when they couldn't have come off as more selfish and pathetic. Obama and Clinton, in my opinion, are just the worst. Trump, although he is rough around the edges, is at least offering some type of solution. What Obama has done thus far hasn't worked and even Democrats realize that.

No he isn't. He talked about his proposal to keep certain types of people from coming into the US. The problem? This terrorist was a home-grown citizen. No news media person had the guts to point out that very basic problem with Trump until I was listening to Lester Holt on the NBC 6:30 news yesterday evening.

carribeanpirate's Photo carribeanpirate 16 Jun 2016

and last night the DHS issued a "security alert" warning of "violent homegrown attacks" and that we must "strengthen connections with the Muslim community". Ugh, your government at work. 1) everyone is vigilant in the days after an attack. 2) This is simply another message from the government that its everyone else's fault that we have not embraced the Muslim community.

vascudave's Photo vascudave 16 Jun 2016

View Postweathergeek87, on 15 June 2016 - 06:56 PM, said:

Yes absolutely. After hearing the account from the girl who survived while in the bathroom, she heard him screaming on the phone for several hours, this guy was an absolutely nut job. 100% radicalized and out of his damn mind. Forget the sexual fantasies he had, this guy fully believed that what he was doing (cleansing the earth of infidels) was what his God wanted. There is no fixing this. Obama's response was pathetic at best and he has really shown how terrible of a leader he really is. The media attacking Trump for what he said is so stupid. I think his approach on this is what we need (calling it like we see it, RADICAL ISLAM), but the media and the powers that be have already coronated their queen aka HRC so Trump is in her way, so they will try to destroy him now.

https://www.youtube....h?v=7FBqTgNb5MA

View Postthundersleet, on 15 June 2016 - 08:14 PM, said:

No he isn't. He talked about his proposal to keep certain types of people from coming into the US. The problem? This terrorist was a home-grown citizen. No news media person had the guts to point out that very basic problem with Trump until I was listening to Lester Holt on the NBC 6:30 news yesterday evening.
He was raised by his parents though, been told its criminal to be gay. he may have been home grown byut he was also "home schooled" in the ways of their country.
many don't want to assimilate to our ways and our rules
https://76crimes.com...ity-is-illegal/

thundersleet's Photo thundersleet 16 Jun 2016

View Postvascudave, on 16 June 2016 - 07:18 AM, said:

He was raised by his parents though, been told its criminal to be gay. he may have been home grown byut he was also "home schooled" in the ways of their country.
https://76crimes.com...ity-is-illegal/

To the contrary, he has assimilated quite well. Our ways and rules have historically not been very kind to gays either, and many Christians still believe that people with homosexual desires will go to hell. Also, if many more conservative-types had their way, it would be 77 countries where homosexuality is illegal. We would be number 77.

carribeanpirate's Photo carribeanpirate 16 Jun 2016

View Postthundersleet, on 16 June 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

To the contrary, he has assimilated quite well. Our ways and rules have historically not been very kind to gays either, and many Christians still believe that people with homosexual desires will go to hell. Also, if many more conservative-types had their way, it would be 77 countries where homosexuality is illegal. We would be number 77.

Right, our current president and the Democratic nominee both felt homosexuality was wrong, until they realized the power of the voting base. Only then they changed their opinion. So, its not only conservative types.

On the other hand, Trump has long supported gay marriage.

thundersleet's Photo thundersleet 16 Jun 2016

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 16 June 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

Right, our current president and the Democratic nominee both felt homosexuality was wrong, until they realized the power of the voting base. Only then they changed their opinion. So, its not only conservative types.

That's a good point too. And the husband of the democratic nominee had Don't Ask, Don't Tell. And we once considered homosexuality some mental illness. And so on and so forth. As some of my Facebook friends have pointed out, we may not be the shooter, but a some of us have perpetrated the culture which led the shooter to shoot. As to how much some of us, as individuals or politicians, have contributed to that culture, it's hard to say and is up for debate.

View Postthundersleet, on 16 June 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

but alas we don't. did he assimilate? I don't know, neither do you. we can assume by the outcome though he didn't. and I would assume his father helped with that.
there's also what 10 countries that kill homosexuals? not with medication, rather beheading, stoning, hanging, throwing off buildings and only they know what else.
perhaps the world needs to come together and stop them from this nonsense. we cant keep saying what we use to do or what we would do if conservative etc. HRC doesn't support it either, she does for convenience. that said the brutal murders need to stop in those 3rd world thinking nations.

carribeanpirate's Photo carribeanpirate 17 Jun 2016

View Postthundersleet, on 16 June 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

That's a good point too. And the husband of the democratic nominee had Don't Ask, Don't Tell. And we once considered homosexuality some mental illness. And so on and so forth. As some of my Facebook friends have pointed out, we may not be the shooter, but a some of us have perpetrated the culture which led the shooter to shoot. As to how much some of us, as individuals or politicians, have contributed to that culture, it's hard to say and is up for debate.

That's a pretty offensive statement. I am tired of people blaming culture, etc as an excuse for wrongdoing. Basic human learning should tell you taking a gun and mowing down 100 people is not a logical step to solve problems, no matter the culture that exists. I may be showing my age, but the thoughts and attitudes of today's young people makes me nervous. There seems to be no acceptance of responsibility for one's actions, its always someone else, something else, or some other situation that caused the response/actions.

vascudave's Photo vascudave 17 Jun 2016

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 17 June 2016 - 06:11 AM, said:

That's a pretty offensive statement. I am tired of people blaming culture, etc as an excuse for wrongdoing. Basic human learning should tell you taking a gun and mowing down 100 people is not a logical step to solve problems, no matter the culture that exists. I may be showing my age, but the thoughts and attitudes of today's young people makes me nervous. There seems to be no acceptance of responsibility for one's actions, its always someone else, something else, or some other situation that caused the response/actions.

View Postthundersleet, on 16 June 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

That is unreal that people think that way. our fault??!!! shame

Mike_The_Golfer's Photo Mike_The_Golfer 17 Jun 2016

View Postvascudave, on 16 June 2016 - 07:18 AM, said:

To me...this is one of the biggest problems we have with immigration today. So many who are coming here have no desire to be Americans. They want to be <insert where ever they are from here> simply living in America to earn the American dollar. They have no interest in assimilating. And it's not just most muslims. You see it with a lot of other people as well such as many eastern Europeans (particularly Russians). People coming here should want to be Americans (in every way), and not just coming here for the economic benefits and in far too many cases...government handouts.

thundersleet's Photo thundersleet 17 Jun 2016

If that's really the case, then why do we go to war so often? Clearly we think that killing people is a logical step to solve problems, and that's why we've gone into so many wars and continue to meddle around in the Middle East. I agree with you that killing people is not a logical step to solve problems, but the fact is that this country, and a lot of us in this country, have believed at many times that the solution is to go out there and kill people.

thundersleet's Photo thundersleet 17 Jun 2016

I would also be careful with the term "young people this" or "young people that." I am not one who tends to tout my credentials, but the idea that people are a certain age all have certain traits is not only not true but it is the very ageism that I struggle up against with the work that I do. As to what that work is, I'll let you ask me if you are so interested.

thundersleet's Photo thundersleet 18 Jun 2016

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 16 June 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

Sorry if I'm beating up on you too much, but I was also thinking about this comment and thinking about how, while this is factually true, it's probably a bit overly harsh to Obama. Obama did change his opinion, but he did more than that. He ended "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and he nominated Supreme Court justices who ruled in favor of ending a ban on same-sex marriage. IMO at least he didn't just change his opinion but acted on that change in a way that increased freedom for the LGBT+ community. It would've been nice if he were more up-front about this earlier, but at least his actions seem to actually back up his change-in-heart (for whatever reason, whether it be just political or something more).

vascudave's Photo vascudave 20 Jun 2016

View PostMike_The_Golfer, on 17 June 2016 - 12:53 PM, said:

To me...this is one of the biggest problems we have with immigration today. So many who are coming here have no desire to be Americans. They want to be <insert where ever they are from here> simply living in America to earn the American dollar. They have no interest in assimilating. And it's not just most muslims. You see it with a lot of other people as well such as many eastern Europeans (particularly Russians). People coming here should want to be Americans (in every way), and not just coming here for the economic benefits and in far too many cases...government handouts.
they most likely haven't changed their opinion internally.

vascudave's Photo vascudave 22 Jun 2016

SO Wonder where the failure was. he was investigated and reported, yet nothing.
redacted reports from the top? whats going on, what are they hiding? Obama cant leave soon enough.

http://www.cnn.com/2...ting/index.html

carribeanpirate's Photo carribeanpirate 28 Jun 2016

Another ISIS attack....if only we were nicer people, Muslims wouldn't bomb innocent Westerners.

carribeanpirate's Photo carribeanpirate 29 Jun 2016

For those keeping score at home, June scoreboard:

Muslim Terrorists - 2
Western World - 0