←  Sports

NYC Metro Weather Forums

»

2020 Yankees Season

carribeanpirate's Photo carribeanpirate 22 Feb 2020

Going to my first NYY spring training game next week.
Quote

satellite_eyes's Photo satellite_eyes 23 Feb 2020

Enjoy havenít been there in 20 years. I want to take my kids.
Quote

metfan4life's Photo metfan4life 23 Feb 2020

Enjoy

I went to Mets spring training last year. It was really nice. I got to meet all the players and got their autographs.
Quote

carribeanpirate's Photo carribeanpirate 01 Mar 2020

Hicks, Stanton, Judge and Severino all injured again. Who is watching the training regimen and who is being held accountable for a 2019 repeat.
Quote

nyrangers1022's Photo nyrangers1022 01 Mar 2020

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 01 March 2020 - 07:46 AM, said:

Hicks, Stanton, Judge and Severino all injured again. Who is watching the training regimen and who is being held accountable for a 2019 repeat.

I believe Stanton and Judge are always hurt because (lack of a better term) they are big and doofy. Just my opinion
Quote

carribeanpirate's Photo carribeanpirate 01 Mar 2020

View Postnyrangers1022, on 01 March 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:



I believe Stanton and Judge are always hurt because (lack of a better term) they are big and doofy. Just my opinion

I know what you mean, but it seems nobody is watching their training plans. Soft tissue injuries are workout based....someone needs to own it.
Quote

metfan4life's Photo metfan4life 01 Mar 2020

View Postnyrangers1022, on 01 March 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:



I believe Stanton and Judge are always hurt because (lack of a better term) they are big and doofy. Just my opinion

They need to stop lifting heavy weights
Quote

nyrangers1022's Photo nyrangers1022 01 Mar 2020

View Postmetfan4life, on 01 March 2020 - 07:44 PM, said:



They need to stop lifting heavy weights

Exactly. Few years ago I remember a Mets broadcast. I believe Keith Hernandez was rambling on between pitches, stating back in the day there was no such thing as an oblique. Also stated that today's players are spending too much in the weight room building for muscle and strength. Also said they need to train to become baseball players, not power lifters
Quote

metfan4life's Photo metfan4life 03 Jun 2020

Rob Manfred rejected the 114 game schedule. Says he won't counter.



Meanwhile Basketball and Hockey will be back soon

Quote

nyrangers1022's Photo nyrangers1022 03 Jun 2020

 metfan4life, on 03 June 2020 - 01:26 PM, said:

Rob Manfred rejected the 114 game schedule. Says he won't counter.



Meanwhile Basketball and Hockey will be back soon

Got a feeling this will be the beginning of the end for the MLB. These contracts, along with stadiums at least half empty, and the slow pace of play will take it's toll with the pandemic accelerating it. I do not know many people completely upset that there is no baseball on.
Quote

carribeanpirate's Photo carribeanpirate 03 Jun 2020

 nyrangers1022, on 03 June 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:



Got a feeling this will be the beginning of the end for the MLB. These contracts, along with stadiums at least half empty, and the slow pace of play will take it's toll with the pandemic accelerating it. I do not know many people completely upset that there is no baseball on.

I know a number of people missing baseball. Itís far more popular than sports talk radio will have you believe.
Quote

devilsfan0405's Photo devilsfan0405 03 Jun 2020

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 03 June 2020 - 02:15 PM, said:

I know a number of people missing baseball. It's far more popular than sports talk radio will have you believe.

I enjoy it but it's going to be a terrible look if they can't work something out in order to play this year. With so many people unemployed right now, who wants to see millionaires and billionaires engaged in a pissing match over money? Then again, people came back after the '94 strike. Sports fans are very loyal, probably to a fault. I'm guilty myself but it's hard to pull away from something that you grew up with and has provided a lot of great memories. It's a distraction from the harsh realities that everyday life can confront us with. I was extremely annoyed with the NHL after their work stoppages but I'm still a fan.
Quote