←  Greater NYC Area Weather Discussion

NYC Metro Weather Forums

»

FEBRUARY WEATHER

NYCSNOWMAN's Photo NYCSNOWMAN 26 Jan 2021

Sorry..to rush. Things along. .but. looking ahead...maybe this month. Can deliver some snow ❄??

vascudave's Photo vascudave 26 Jan 2021

HOPE NOT:)

winterbird04's Photo winterbird04 26 Jan 2021

View PostNYCSNOWMAN, on 26 January 2021 - 07:58 AM, said:

Sorry..to rush. Things along. .but. looking ahead...maybe this month. Can deliver some snow ❄??

Yes !!

metfan4life's Photo metfan4life 26 Jan 2021

Watching a storm on Monday into Tuesday

winterbird04's Photo winterbird04 27 Jan 2021

Sooooo letís talk about the next storm coming up.❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️👍

satellite_eyes's Photo satellite_eyes 27 Jan 2021

To me the monday storm is similar to this past one, maybe just a little stronger. Enjoy it because then the LC's start.

View Postsatellite_eyes, on 27 January 2021 - 06:12 AM, said:

To me the monday storm is similar to this past one, maybe just a little stronger. Enjoy it because then the LC's start.

Really?? Seems stronger to me. Has a good chance of producing more I hope but wondering if 50/50 will keep it from coming up the coast. I think alittle to early to commit either way.

metfan4life's Photo metfan4life 27 Jan 2021

View Postsatellite_eyes, on 27 January 2021 - 06:12 AM, said:

What last storm ? December ?

This has to be watched because the NAO and PNA are rising. This will not stay to the south.

All the models are showing a long duration storm which some are even stalling it out due to the block.

View Postmetfan4life, on 27 January 2021 - 08:15 AM, said:

What last storm ? December ?

This has to be watched because the NAO and PNA are rising. This will not stay to the south.

All the models are showing a long duration storm which some are even stalling it out due to the block.

👍

TatamyPA's Photo TatamyPA 27 Jan 2021

06z GEFS

Posted Image

TatamyPA's Photo TatamyPA 27 Jan 2021

Based upon the data that I am seeing from the ensemble means at this time this is type of storm that can produce snow for all of us. However depending on if the center of LP gets tucked into the coast some areas especially along the NJ coast will see a changeover to rain at least for a time. Snow amounts will also be dependent upon where banding sets up. The ensemble means are calling for accums of up to 6 - 12" for many areas especially to the north and west. This starts Sunday night and goes through Monday. Many details to be worked out and all of this is subject to change.

carribeanpirate's Photo carribeanpirate 27 Jan 2021

View PostTatamyPA, on 27 January 2021 - 08:49 AM, said:

Based upon the data that I am seeing from the ensemble means at this time this is type of storm that can produce snow for all of us. However depending on if the center of LP gets tucked into the coast some areas especially along the NJ coast will see a changeover to rain at least for a time. Snow amounts will also be dependent upon where banding sets up. The ensemble means are calling for accums of up to 6 - 12" for many areas especially to the north and west. This starts Sunday night and goes through Monday. Many details to be worked out and all of this is subject to change.

the dreaded Rain / Snow line.....

nyrangers1022's Photo nyrangers1022 27 Jan 2021

Just what these small businesses need. A long duration snowstorm 🙄

RKO36's Photo RKO36 27 Jan 2021

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 27 January 2021 - 02:21 PM, said:

the dreaded Rain / Snow line.....

Maybe the inevitable shift south brings those big totals a bit into the sweet spot (NYC/just west of the city/and a bit south of that for me)

:)

metfan4life's Photo metfan4life 27 Jan 2021

This storm for Monday into Wednesday might need its own thread soon. Models are looking pretty potent.

jfar57's Photo jfar57 27 Jan 2021

View Postmetfan4life, on 27 January 2021 - 08:22 PM, said:

This storm for Monday into Wednesday might need its own thread soon. Models are looking pretty potent.
who has the lucky touch to start it?!? ��. We need one good one

winterbird04's Photo winterbird04 28 Jan 2021

View Postjfar57, on 27 January 2021 - 11:12 PM, said:

who has the lucky touch to start it?!? ��. We need one good one

Really a snow storm 😂😂❄️❄️🤔 bring it. This has a chance to be crippling for some places stay tuned.

nyrangers1022's Photo nyrangers1022 28 Jan 2021

Hope models trend drier the closer we get

satellite_eyes's Photo satellite_eyes 28 Jan 2021

You were right Metsfan. Storm looks better than what i thought. Not sure if it will be heavy but at the very least it looks like a long duration event. Should be interesting. And now the pattern afterwards doesn't look quite as bad, Models really changed from yesterday.

winterbird04's Photo winterbird04 28 Jan 2021

View Postsatellite_eyes, on 28 January 2021 - 06:18 AM, said:

You were right Metsfan. Storm looks better than what i thought. Not sure if it will be heavy but at the very least it looks like a long duration event. Should be interesting. And now the pattern afterwards doesn't look quite as bad, Models really changed from yesterday.

Since yesterday?
Long duration and crippling for some.!