Coronavirus

2094 replies to this topic

metfan4life

• Members
  • 30,216 posts
Day 1 after the second Moderna shot

So far

I'm just experiencing† a sore arm

My mom is in bed with no taste , chills and body aches and a slight fever. Same side effects as the 1st shot.
Anthony

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 5,557 posts
Iíve been vaccinated and decided I will no longer wear a mask when out in public. Itís my line in the sand. Spent yesterday out shopping with my wife and it felt great to walk around unmasked. A few folks gave me the stink eye, I just politely nodded and smiled.

metfan4life

• Members
  • 30,216 posts
My mom and I feel alot better this morning compared to yesterday .

She was in bed all day with chills and a slight fever. I had aches and chills all day yesterday.†

Just a sore arm today
Anthony

vascudave

• Members
  • 8,138 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 09 May 2021 - 06:18 AM, said:

I've been vaccinated and decided I will no longer wear a mask when out in public. It's my line in the sand. Spent yesterday out shopping with my wife and it felt great to walk around unmasked. A few folks gave me the stink eye, I just politely nodded and smiled.
they make us wear a mask on school property for lacrosse games in bridgewater.
i bought a mesh mask, basically see through.
ive had some parent say how cool it is and some question me. im technically wearing a mask but according to science i dont need to
had an away game in montgomery where they didnt require a mask. a parent on my team came to bust me for not wearing a mask at all.
i cited science again. he said when am i getting my child vaccinated?
i cited science again. (he will not be until its (one fda approved) (two mandated for school entrance)
he kept trying to bust my balls
i kept citing the science and cdc guidelines until he walked away (as i was sitting at end of field....he came up to me)
im so tired of peoples fear

good for you for listening and processing the science

ps. surgical masks barely make any difference

metfan4life

• Members
  • 30,216 posts
Still having body aches and sore arm from the 2nd shot of Moderna on Friday.
Anthony

metfan4life

• Members
  • 30,216 posts
Fauci said last night that Masks might be permanent .
Anthony

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 5,557 posts

vascudave, on 10 May 2021 - 06:13 AM, said:

they make us wear a mask on school property for lacrosse games in bridgewater.
i bought a mesh mask, basically see through.
ive had some parent say how cool it is and some question me. im technically wearing a mask but according to science i dont need to
had an away game in montgomery where they didnt require a mask. a parent on my team came to bust me for not wearing a mask at all.
i cited science again. he said when am i getting my child vaccinated?
i cited science again. (he will not be until its (one fda approved) (two mandated for school entrance)
he kept trying to bust my balls
i kept citing the science and cdc guidelines until he walked away (as i was sitting at end of field....he came up to me)
im so tired of peoples fear

good for you for listening and processing the science

ps. surgical masks barely make any difference

I dutifully wore a mask where I was required to, no questions. But now that I am vaccinated, I donít feel itís necessary. And if you choose to continue wearing one, good for you. I wonít question it or make you feel different. My wife feels more comfortable with it on in public, thatís great, I support her decision. But for people to approach you and question your choice is just wrong. But I get it too. The left leadership is giving such mixed messaging, itís hard to say where a mask should be worn. CDC says outside is fine not to wear one, but Fauci says you should. The list goes on and on. Someone could make an argument that science says this and someone else can say science says that, where both can be right.

vascudave

• Members
  • 8,138 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 10 May 2021 - 07:17 AM, said:

I dutifully wore a mask where I was required to, no questions. But now that I am vaccinated, I don't feel it's necessary. And if you choose to continue wearing one, good for you. I won't question it or make you feel different. My wife feels more comfortable with it on in public, that's great, I support her decision. But for people to approach you and question your choice is just wrong. But I get it too. The left leadership is giving such mixed messaging, it's hard to say where a mask should be worn. CDC says outside is fine not to wear one, but Fauci says you should. The list goes on and on. Someone could make an argument that science says this and someone else can say science says that, where both can be right.
I do the same. i dont think its the answer but ill do it as necessary
this is all a money making adventure for these guys.
if not, why are they not looking into cuomo and his buds of the senior homes fiasco?

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 5,557 posts

vascudave, on 11 May 2021 - 06:05 AM, said:

I do the same. i dont think its the answer but ill do it as necessary
this is all a money making adventure for these guys.
if not, why are they not looking into cuomo and his buds of the senior homes fiasco?

I had a conversation with a golfing buddy and he told me that getting the vax is only one piece. Continuing to use the mask protects people who donít or canít get vaccinated (immunocompromised). My response, which he didnít like, was that immunocompromised people have to do what is necessary to protect themselves. I can only do so much and getting the vax is about as much as I will do.

If masks are effective, logic dictates that an unvaccinated person wearing a mask near a vaccinated person without a mask should be safe, assuming everything we have been fed is true. Maybe Fauci can help with that one.

metfan4life

• Members
  • 30,216 posts
Fauci says wearing a mask might be seasonal
Anthony

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 5,557 posts

metfan4life, on 11 May 2021 - 08:21 AM, said:

Fauci says wearing a mask might be seasonal

Next week he will say he was misunderstood. Saw a great comment earlier, ď15 months ago no one knew Dr Fauci and today people await his next word. ď. blind faith in leaders is not a good thing.

vascudave

• Members
  • 8,138 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ
still cant figure out how masks eradicated influenza, yet corona continues??

vascudave

• Members
  • 8,138 posts
  • Bridgewater
  • NJ

View Postcarribeanpirate, on 11 May 2021 - 06:45 AM, said:

I had a conversation with a golfing buddy and he told me that getting the vax is only one piece. Continuing to use the mask protects people who don't or can't get vaccinated (immunocompromised). My response, which he didn't like, was that immunocompromised people have to do what is necessary to protect themselves. I can only do so much and getting the vax is about as much as I will do.

If masks are effective, logic dictates that an unvaccinated person wearing a mask near a vaccinated person without a mask should be safe, assuming everything we have been fed is true. Maybe Fauci can help with that one.
i think logic and common sense needs to be removed to deal with rona

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 3,096 posts

View Postvascudave, on 11 May 2021 - 09:23 AM, said:

i think logic and common sense needs to be removed to deal with rona

The problem is, none of that has been used throughout this ordeal. Common sense and logic says if you want people to get the vaccine, tell them they could permanently discard their masks as soon as they are considered fully vaccinated. Instead you have the Dr. Doom & Gloom, I mean Dr. Faucis, of the world telling us masks are here to stay, possibly forever.
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

nyrangers1022

• Members
  • 2,158 posts

vascudave, on 11 May 2021 - 09:23 AM, said:

still cant figure out how masks eradicated influenza, yet corona continues??

If the flu was somehow non existent, I can see the next flu strain mutating to be even more contagious to stay alive, science and life will always find a way

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users