Tiger Woods Crash

3 replies to this topic

weatherbowl

• Members
  • 10,968 posts
  • Levittown
  • NY
I just heard on the ABC news that Tiger was driving up to 87mph in a 45mph zone. It was determined that he was not driving recklessly. So let me get this straight, unless I am missing something, driving 87mph in a 45mph zone is not driving recklessly. He hit a tree at 75mph, Tiger is so lucky to have survived such a crash.
Eastern Nassau County, Long Island

Mike_The_Golfer

• Members
  • 3,096 posts
They needed a lengthy investigation to determine that he crashed because he was speeding? We all knew that immediately.
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

gpsnavigator

• Members
  • 1,959 posts
They're saying he hit the accelerator instead of the brake. I'm not sure how you reach 87 mph and not realize sooner that you've hit the wrong pedal, unless you were doing about 80 to begin with.
-GPSNav
Home: Sparta, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 800 feet
Work: Hampton, NJ - Sussex County -- Elevation 570 feet
Interests: weather, hiking, kayaking, math, science, current events, classic cars, and craft beer

carribeanpirate

• Members
  • 5,557 posts
If it wasn't drugs/alcohol, it had to be speed. FWIW, we are in the market for a new car and drove the Genesis SUV based on this crash and how well it performed. The dealer told me the Tiger accident was the best free advertising they could have ever gotten and everyone coming in wants to drive it. Because of that, the sticker price is what you are paying, no dealing on it. Lease price was $800/mont. Don't get me wrong, Its a fabulous car and our favorite out of the ones we have driven, but pricey for a Genesis (Hyundai).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users